Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RKM V5 TV Stick

hi guys,

i am about to buy the rikomagic v5 android tv stick.

Shenzhen Rikomagic Tech Corp.,Ltd-----Android TV BOX, Media player, Digital Signage Media Player,signage player

is this the stick to buy? from the reviews i read it runs excellent out of the box with its official firmware release -http://forum.xda-developers.com/hardware-hacking/android-sticks/rkm-v5-mini-pc-tv-stick-review-t3006592

i will be using it for xbmc/kodi and as a pc..

your input is greatly appeciated

thank you

Originally posted by campos View Post
    hi guys,

Shenzhen Rikomagic Tech Corp.,Ltd-----Android TV BOX, Media player, Digital Signage Media Player,signage player

is this the stick to buy? from the reviews i read it runs excellent out of the box with its official firmware release -http://forum.xda-developers.com/hardware-hacking/android-sticks/rkm-v5-mini-pc-tv-stick-review-t3006592

thank you

It's a good brand and will work well.

But maybe you should think of getting a TV Box instead of stick.
    Better heatsink & cooling.
    Extra USB Ports, better wifi signal & aerial, optical sound, easier to connect devices eg. external harddrive.
    The price difference is not that much.
    Can buy a box with airmouse(actually a must for TV boxes/Sticks) and DHL shipping for $159.
    Or without airmouse and DHL shipping, most RK3288 boxes are $100-$130.

Comment

Originally posted by campos View Post
      hi guys,

http://www.rikomagic.com/en/product/...59_pid_19.html

thank you
      I have to agree with Mo yes the rkm v5 is a great device but for the same or a little more money you can get a good tv box
      Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

I would strongly advise against any rk3288 in stick form - they are simply awful.

You don't get the support, and it will run roughly 30% slower or they will start throttling down speed when they get hot, giving you inconstant results.

Amlogics are much, much better for XBMC, get an mk808b plus - they can handle emulation and other things comfortably. The rk3288 in box form is definitely superior, it's just much bigger and the playback isn't as good.
        Currently Using:
        2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
        Retired Devices:
        MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

dongle ismore portable for travellers and for signage usage, RK3288 with high power consuption indeed,but not so terrible.

Comment

dongle is more useful for some traveller or signage usage, RK3288 with high power consumption,it's indeed. but not so terrible.

Comment

Well, each to his own opinion, of course: but if you're after a brilliant design stuffed with good hardware in a compact form factor that happens to perform faster than many RK3288 devices (I've tried 5 of them), this little fella is the one to beat. The case is well thought out and decently ventilated. I soak tested it for 8 hours and while it got warm, it never remotely approached the heat that say the old MK 908 used to generate.

The factory firmware is very competent but not wonderful. However, if you are ready to forego wifi and rely on fast ethernet, then install either Wasser's RC1 Lollipop rom or MO123's latest L build, and you're in for a treat. Fast, fluid interface and superb video in Kodi at full 1080p with virtually no stutter at any time. If we could mod either of those two Lollipop roms to add AP6330 wifi drivers, we wouldn't need to look to the factory stuff again.

Comment

Working...
              X