Unable to update firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to update firmware

A long time ago I updated the firmware to Oman's version of 1074K, rooted the box, played around with some settings, and found the 2.4Ghz WiFi to be too slow for my setup. Fast forward to about a year later, and I've switched to ethernet and want to get the box up and running.

Here's the problem, I can't seem to find anyway to update the firmware. The SD Card approach just gives me an infinite "Tronsmart" screen loop when I hold the reset button. I can see the device in the USB burner, but it always fails at the UBOOT_COMP phase no matter what I do.

Anyone out there with ideas on how to force this thing to let me update? I even tried the app in the box, which reboots, but to do anything at all

I'm wondering if the newer versions of their firmware just won't work with my S89 Elite. I was able to get the USB Burner to load 1084K and then use the Wireless Update to go to 1094K. Wireless Update says that I'm on the latest release. If I try to update using the SD Card, I get the Tronsmart loop. If I try to use the USB Burner, it fails at 3% with a mesg error, just after teh UBOOT_COMP phase.

Anyone else have these types of issues with Vega S89 Elite?

Comment

Working...
    X