No announcement yet.

Questions: (1) How to remove android from X7S and (2) Problem with HDMI output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions: (1) How to remove android from X7S and (2) Problem with HDMI output

(!) I plan to use my pipo x7s exclusively with Windows as a headless unit to control some astronomy hardware remotely. I like all the "hard drive" space available to Windows. I have already invested a lot of time setting up the Windows side, so I do not want to reformat the drive etc which will mean setting up everything from scratch again. Is there a way to remove Android completely and reclaim the disk space for Windows use? It does not have to be merged with the Windows partition. I am happy if all the spaces Android takes get put together as a separate Windows FAT partition accessible from within Windows. Is there a way to do that non-destructively?

(2) There is some compatibility issue between X7s and my old Sharp Aquos TV. When I turned on the pipo the TV complains of incompatible signal. However after cycling thru the input selection on the TV and/or pressing a combination of "enter", "F8", "F7", seemingly randomly, the TV will recognise the HDMI signal and work properly - until the next reboot. Invariably by the time the TV starts working Windows will already have been up and running, so I never manage to see the boot sequence let alone get into the BIOS setting. Has anyone experience this and how to solve it? I have tried to boot without HDMI connected and tried to dial in with team viewer, as it is how I intend to use the X7s when it is fully setup, however, it won't boot unless it is connected to a video output. I am still waiting for a HDMI dummy I ordered from **** from Latvia to test (I do hope it will arrive!). Short of borrowing a different TV to test - is there someway to rectify this problem?

Oh - when you are suggesting a solution for question (1), please bear in mind that so far I have not been able to see the boot sequence before Windows load (see question 2), so a solution that involves changing something with BIOS etc will not work in my case.

Comment

For Question two i would use a HDMI to VGA Adapter if your TV has a VGA Input to solve the Problem.
      For Question one Backup your WIndows and then Repart your Harddrive and put your Backup back.

Neomode

Comment

(1) It is very embarrassing, but I actually don't have any other monitor in the house. I can borrow my parents monitor, but I think it takes DVI? Would a HDMI to DVI converter works? I have already spent money on a keyboard, a mouse, a HDMI cable just set up this thing, I hope the HDMI to VGA/DVI convertor won't be too expensive.

(2) I have read a recent post re: how to do clean install of Windows 8 with Bing. But it refers to something about a USB drive with Windows on it. Is it something I can get off the unit, or is it something I need to buy? Is there some more detailed step by step instructions for this? Sorry I have not touched a Windows machine for many many years and I dare not brick this thing (which seems to occur from time to time based on the posts here on this forum).

Comment

You can use a HDMI to DVI connector. It is only a Plug nothing more. But attention it works only if you have a DVI-I Port. This you get know by the manual of the TV.

For the Second you have to make a USB Stick with Windows on it and Boot from it.
          Under that link you find all you need. http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...ation-problem/

Comment

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I will download to give it a spin. Need to find out what input my parents's monitor will take in the mean time.

Oh, I presume you suggest the X7 firmware instead of the X7S firmware, because I am installing Windows only, is that right? Or shall I be looking for firmware for X7S instead?

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
              You can use a HDMI to DVI connector. It is only a Plug nothing more. But attention it works only if you have a DVI-I Port. This you get know by the manual of the TV./[/url]
              It is my undrerstanding that an HDMI to DVI adapter cable won't pass audio. But the h/p output could be used for audio.

Comment

That is correct. For Audio you need a extra Setup. As far as I have read he will not need Audio.

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                  As far as I have read he will not need Audio.
                  HaHa! You read further than I did. I guess audio is not a big draw for stargazers. HaHa. I'll really have to read more closely in the future.

Comment

just when you you are going to do a clean install don't forget to delete all the partitions except the recovery (optional if you will ever need it)
                    read also this post http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...n-table-of-x7s
                    in the next few days i am too waiting for a x7s and thinking to do the same thing because i don't need android.
                    I hope everything will go well for you.

Comment

@Neomode: Can I please double check I should use the X7 files to reflash my X7S, to eliminate the dual boot screen and have only Windows?

My ideal set up would be: no dual boot screen, no Android. Direct boot to Windows automatically, to a point where team viewer will respond to connection request.

Thank you

Comment

Let's check out on mine.

Gesendet von meinem M7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

I follow this thread with attention... Indeed, i wish like you Henry remove the Android partition on my pipo X7s ! But i don't want to brick it
                          What would be great will be a dedicated complete and clean tutorial to explain how to properly remove Android on the X7s

Comment

Originally posted by fun_olivier View Post
                            I follow this thread with attention... Indeed, i wish like you Henry remove the Android partition on my pipo X7s ! But i don't want to brick it
                            What would be great will be a dedicated complete and clean tutorial to explain how to properly remove Android on the X7s

You can also reed here for tips to remove Android http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-dual-boot-box
                            Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Working...
                            X