Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MXIII vs Tronsmart MXIII ...the noticable differences. But are there any other differences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXIII vs Tronsmart MXIII ...the noticable differences. But are there any other differences?

Initially, I assumed these were identical products with different branding, packaging and accessories. Looking closer at the photos of each unit(both are 2GB/8GB variants) on Geekbuying, it would appear that the HDMI ports are different. The MXIII appears to have a standard HDMI port, while the Tronsmart MXIII appears to have a gold tone/plated HDMI port. Power jacks also appear different. I realize these could simply be photographic artifacts. I don't have either at the moment, so I cannot see if they are actually different.
    Anyway, if these ports are different, what are the chances that other components(RAM, LAN-WiFi, etc.) are also different? Has anyone seen the inside of both? Geekbuying shows the Antutu scores for both, MXIII=30514 and the Tronsmart MXIII=28619. Is it just a firmware thing?. Will one's firmware work on the other?

MXIII rear view

Tronsmart MXIII rear view

AFAIK the Tronsmart MXIII is based on the newer v3,0 reference. The visibly "different" parts are likely just a change in where they got sourced from. no doubt if enough People notice, then Tronsmart might make a point about the Gold plated HDMI Port. Again AFAIK the only real "difference" is that the v3.0 Boards now use eMMC Memory, where as before IIRC it was just NAND Flash. I remember the press release making a big deal of this.... While others have stated that this also induced some incompatibility with some older Firmwares. e.g. Softbricks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post
      AFAIK the Tronsmart MXIII is based on the newer v3,0 reference. The visibly "different" parts are likely just a change in where they got sourced from. no doubt if enough People notice, then Tronsmart might make a point about the Gold plated HDMI Port. Again AFAIK the only real "difference" is that the v3.0 Boards now use eMMC Memory, where as before IIRC it was just NAND Flash. I remember the press release making a big deal of this.... While others have stated that this also induced some incompatibility with some older Firmwares. e.g. Softbricks.
      Thank you for the clarification. So would all major varieties now be on rev3, MXIII, Beelink, etc? In other words, are they all identical? Any advantage to buying one over the others?

Comment

I wouldn't have a clue... Besides the 1G & 2G had (have) totally unrelated revisions between themselves
        And, beelink don't seem to be selling.... Or, at least pushing the MXIII anymore. Plus the they recently yanked their support page for it as well...

The advantage is that the eMMC Flash should be faster then what was in it before.... Going by all the hype. the 2G has the advantage of having a better Radio & Bluetooth Chip. which is both crap & non-existant on the 1G, version. In that respect the newer Tronsmart MXIII's are little different.

Comment

My MXIII 2GB had a gold tone HDMI port but is not a tronsmart mxIII and antutu score is 38114

Comment

Working...
          X