Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My removal of Android from a Dual Boot box.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My removal of Android from a Dual Boot box.

After a bit of a fiddle with these dual boot boxes time to throw caution to the wind.

Android and Windows on the same box to me is a bit of a waste.
    Remove Android and setup box to be Windows only.

Run WinToAnd first and disable UI, that removes the boot logo to select Windows or Android, and save exit wintoand.
    You can do a normal windows shut down/restart to test if logo boot has gone.

I set up a Bootable USB stick with Rufus and W8.1wB (-:techo speak for windows 8.1 with Bing:-)
    USB into box.
    Powered Box and tapping F7 boot from USB stick
    Go to custom settings in Windows setup after a few minutes
    You can delete all Partitions seen (this is you last chance just all will be gone)
    Windows asks where do you want to install as you delete partitions you will see the space appear
    Just becareful doing this watch what your deleting
    Was left with a space of around 29 GB bytes.

Pointed to free space and away we went with the install of a new W8.1wB
    5 or so minutes later a few resets and well here we are a new set up of windows8.1
    Missing about 8 drivers/devices from Device manager.
    Drivers Installed.
    I forgot to note down Sound and WiFi/BT Divers as they seem the most common variable in these boxes all else is much the same.

If you did forget drivers name or even what it was have a look at the Missing Drivers, Device ID in Device Manager Google it, Normally it will point you to a driver to download.

Now all drivers installed fairly painless.

Once dual boot box now a Win8.1 only
    Picked up Licence just clicked activate and it was done
    Now to update windows with a 123 important update and 5 optional updates and install the usual lot of programs etc.

The only thing I have to sort is I still get the Dual Boot Win or Android business when I first switch on more looking to be done, but not a big deal.
    As mentioned running WintoAnd and disable UI will fiix the above.

This is a layout of the Dual Boot Box all deleted except ESP. update: Can be deleted

This is a Windows only Box

This is a dual boot Box

Cheers
    Last edited by trebor; 08-30-2015, 20:11. Reason: Update information
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Further to this I redid the Box again to removed all partitions,
    I still get the Boot screen WIndows or Android but no Android Logo to click just Windows.

Cheers
    Last edited by trebor; 06-17-2015, 19:47. Reason: Oops
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Do you have Wintel W8 ?

Couse i have this box (from geekbuying) and has the same setup.

But i was too afraid to wipe any partrition, thinking it may contain some vital firmware for startup...

So it is safe to wipe the whole flash and put windows 8.1 (32bit ofcourse) on it ?

Comment

Nice guide trebor I will be trying this out when I get chance on my x7s..Android never worked right when I got my box & after the new bios update android works but windows don't.

I can still boot into the bios so it should work,Iv also been tempted to try the recovery I made for my x7 on my x7s
        Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by hojnikb View Post
          Do you have Wintel W8 ?

Couse i have this box (from geekbuying) and has the same setup.

But i was too afraid to wipe any partrition, thinking it may contain some vital firmware for startup...

So it is safe to wipe the whole flash and put windows 8.1 (32bit ofcourse) on it ?

I don't have a Wintel box so not 100% sure,
          If the partition layout is the same as above pictures shows I feel it could work.

Cheers
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Did you try to install 64bit version of Windows? I tried but failed

Comment

You can only install 32bit version with Bing if you need to use previous reg number or win10 32bit
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thx, I'm still missing graphic driver. Which one did you install?

Comment

Intel

Some handy stuff here also
                  http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...t-1500-uk-time
                  Last edited by trebor; 06-19-2015, 19:03.
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Thx, tried those but no luck... By default i don't even have a Intel HD Graphics device .. i only have Basic Display

I'm trying to install driver on windows 10.

Could you copy the graphic driver from mk36 and send it to me please

Thank you

Comment

Is anyone having issues with youtube stutter with hardware acceleration enabled ?

Have the latest drivers, using flash as player. Software accelaration works okay though (but needs lots of power, which these devices dont have)

Comment

Latest Intel HD Graphics driver
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by gregorj View Post
                            Thx, tried those but no luck... By default i don't even have a Intel HD Graphics device .. i only have Basic Display

I'm trying to install driver on windows 10.

Could you copy the graphic driver from mk36 and send it to me please

Thank you

Drivers will work win 8 or win 10

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...7-8-8-1-32-bit
                            treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

There's something strange. I reinstalled windows 8.1 and I don't see any display adapters in device manager .. not even in safe mode, did you encountered such problem?

I thought it's windows 10 issue, but it looks like it is more a device issue.

Regards & thx for all the help

Comment

Working...
                              X