help with MxIII 2GB ? non root able

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with MxIII 2GB ? non root able

So i bought these mxIII 2gb from amazon and couldnt install anything onto it so i used a 111k4 factory img and used the usb tool and was able to flash it but after i did this boots everything goes good set it up every thing good. But i put it in my room and no wifi on anything 111k4 112k4 openelec 201 202. Cant figure it wifi work from stock . But i went to the vstech and it sayes non rootable box .i can flash anything now . Anything you guys know would be greatly appreciated thanks

While whatever firmware the Box might have shipped with was locked..... Seems highly unlikely these days!, any modern Firmware 109k4 (or latter), should be rooted as stock!

If I'm following you seem to have "lost" your Wi-Fi? Is this correct? Did you remember to input your WLAN Key into the MXIII?
    I'm not sure about USB Burning Tool... As such.. But, installing either Amlinux, or OpenELEC would've wiped your WLAN KEY off of the Device.
    The only way to get it working is to manually input the entire WLAN key back into OpenELEC, through its Settings again.

Comment

111k4 and 112k4 are prerooted. I recommend going to 115k4 which is available from tronsmart. You need to make a bootable sdcard to flash it though, don't think there is a zip. Or u can use USB burning tool.

Comment

I think it was locked from seller i have placed 111k4 throw 115k4 and 201k4 and 202k4plus . i had got a 111k4 factory that i flashed by usb burn tool and that got me going i was able to flash anything after that . when im in the stock rom there is no way to turn wifi on to connect it I have even tried remix 114k4 there still is no wifi .here are so pics Click image for larger version

Name:	20150613_225005.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	506303 Click image for larger version

Name:	20150613_224837.jpg
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	506304 Click image for larger version

Name:	20150613_224631.jpg
Size:	2.0 KB
ID:	506305 Click image for larger version

Name:	20150613_224741.jpg
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	506306

Comment

I'm at 111k4 now no wifi .is there any wifi apks that i can try that may shed some light ? It is is a vensmile box and on amazon it says
          Operating System:Android 4.4(not support root)
          Chipset: Amlogic s802 Quad core Cortex A9@ 2GHz
          CPU :Cortex A9
          Processor Frequency:MAX to 2GHZ
          GPU: Mali 450
          Menu Language(opintion):English,Greek,Danish,Norwegian, Dutch,Arabic,Turkish,Japanese,Bahasa,Indonesia,Fre nch,German,Chinese Simplified,Chinese Traditional,Italian,Spanish,Portuguese,Russian,Pol ish
          RAM/Memory Type: DDR3 SDRAM
          Built-in Memory: 2GB
          Storage :8GB
          Max Extended Capacity: 32GB
          Supports Card Type: MicroSD
          External HDD :1TB
          Data Transfer:Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
          Bluetooth Version: V3.0
          3G Function: No
          Wireless Keyboard/Mouse: 2.4GHZ
          Audio Formats:MP3,WMA,APE,FLAC,OGG,AC3,DTS,AAC
          Video Formats:RM,PMP,AVC,FLV,VOB,MPG,DAT,MPEG,H.264,MPEG 1,MPEG2,RMVB,MPEG4,WMV,TP,AVI,DIVX,MKV,MOV,HDMOV,M P4,M4V
          Audio Codecs: DTS,AC3,LPCM,FLAC,HE-AAC
          Video Codecs: MPEG-1,MPEG-2,MPEG-4,H.264,VC-1 Picture Formats: JPEG,PNG,GIF,TIFF
          Output Resolution: 1080P
          Connections: HDMI 1.4
          Availble for install Facebook,Youtube,Skype,Netflix,XBMC,Hulu

Comment

Originally posted by Dandroid534 View Post
            111k4 and 112k4 are prerooted. I recommend going to 115k4 which is available from tronsmart. You need to make a bootable sdcard to flash it though, don't think there is a zip. Or u can use USB burning tool.
            MicroSD (USB) [Three File *.zip] :Here
            Just upzip the Download.... Then copy those Three Files. One of which will also be in a *.zip File (Thats the actual Firmware File). along with the recovery.img and a *.aml File, to a MicroSD.
            then enter recovery mode as you normally would.

Comment

Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post

MicroSD (USB) [Three File *.zip] :Here
              Just upzip the Download.... Then copy those Three Files. One of which will also be in a *.zip File (Thats the actual Firmware File). along with the recovery.img and a *.aml File, to a MicroSD.
              then enter recovery mode as you normally would.
              so i did try that this week but still no wifi. so i ordered a tronsmart box and sent the other one back . the new box took openelec 5.0.8 everything works fine. thank for your time Ichijoe wish i could have figured it out . thanks so much to everyone here its a great site to read when your in need .

Comment

Originally posted by backintheday View Post

so i did try that this week but still no wifi. so i ordered a tronsmart box and sent the other one back . the new box took openelec 5.0.8 everything works fine. thank for your time Ichijoe wish i could have figured it out . thanks so much to everyone here its a great site to read when your in need .
                Hello, Is your new box the Tronsmart MXIII with the gold HDMI port? If so, what do you think of it?
                Thanks.

Comment

Tronsmart MXIII is a good box no problems here. Easy to set up and everything was updated when it got here .

Comment

Tronsmart MXIII is a good box no problems here. Easy to set up and everything was updated when it got here .
                    Thanks.

Comment

I think it was locked from seller i have placed 111k4 throw 115k4 and 201k4 and 202k4plus . i had got a 111k4 factory that i flashed by usb burn tool and that got me going i was able to flash anything after that . when im in the stock rom there is no way to turn wifi on to connect it I have even tried remix 114k4 there still is no wifi .here are so pics [ATTACH]n506303[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]n506304[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]n506305[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]n506306[/ATTACH]
                      Pictures for Ants! How about you tell us what if anything is printed on the PCB anything with NETXEON should prove helpful...

Max Output: ONLY 1080p?! -- I'd say thats almost telling assuming its true.... There could well be an Amlogic S805 SoC Chip in there, instead of an S812 SoC, or an S802 SoC. Both of which should be rated (if incorrectly in the case of the latter @ 4k)... See: HERE

If my hunch is correct, and Amlogic have nearly gone down the one size fits most approach. Then it would well possibly explain this situation. In that case whatever you bought WAS NOT an MXIII! The stock & trade MXIII should pretty much only come with an S802 SoC... The only "off" Ones are the so-called "Plus" Models, and to my knowledge those should only have an S812 SoC. Again both these Chips are supposed to be rated upto 4k! Again the S805 SoC on gets up to 1080p MAX!

One other thing to note... According to Amlogic's own Info: HERE. The AP-6234 Wi-Fi Chip, should ONLY BE AVAILABLE ON THE N200! FYI k200 is MXIII... N200 is THE PLUS MODEL!
                      i.e. You should well likely be on the n200-ota-<DATECODE>.img, or the 2xxk4.zip Branch of updates.

I guess the next question is, or should be... Are all n200 Devices... S812 SoC Devices?! -- Again that 1080p MAX has me scratching my head! As the MXIII has always been sold as a 4k Device. Yeah sure it has no chance in Hell of ever doing h.265.. Or h,.264 for that matter at 2160p (i.e. The S802 SoC), but it was still SOLD as One that could!
                      Unlike the S805 SoC, which can't, and isn't sold as being able to do so either.

Last edited by Ichijoe; 06-25-2015, 11:04.

Comment

Working...
                      X