WINDOWS 8.1 don't see Mk 808

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WINDOWS 8.1 don't see Mk 808

hello guys , i'm new in here so i have a question about my Mk 808 tv box .
    i made some wifi changes for better wifi and i wanted to replace firmware .
    windows 8.1 pc didn't recognize tv box . i tryed drivers replacement but nothing ,,,
    any idea how to fix that?
    ty in advance!

Originally posted by SpirosGr View Post
    windows 8.1 pc didn't recognize tv box
    Hi,

I think this might be the reason:

A few USB devices when connected to a port of an Enhanced Host Controller (EHCI) might not enumerate on Windows 8.1 but work on Windows 8. In Windows 8.1, the failure is reported as error code 43 in Device Manager. One of the reasons is that the device reports itself as supporting a USB version greater than 2.00, but does not provide the required BOS descriptor. As per the official USB specification, a USB device with version greater than 2.00 must provide a BOS descriptor.
    In Windows 8, the USB 2.0 driver stack does not validate that requirement. As a result, a device with version greater than 2.00 and without a BOS descriptor, enumerates successfully when connected to an EHCI controller.
    In Windows 8.1, the driver stack has been updated and enumeration fails for such devices.
    The solution geekbuying provided did not work for me (many comments on that blog post also agreed that it did not work), but I just now found this article on msdn.com - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/usbcoreblog/...h-code-43.aspx

Scroll down to the "workaround" section. This is something I have not tried before, but I think it might work.

If you decide to try it, please let us know if it works. Good luck.

Comment

ty vry much .... i'll check it and i will let you know

Comment

I found the links to geekbuying blog that I mentioned:

Hi guys: We found this instruction from interenet, and we haven’t tried it yet, but some people said it can work. Because rockchip hasn’t release the usb drivers for windows 81. so if you have a windows 8.1 system, and want to flash your android tv box, you should follow this; Connect your device to […]

This method is tested and working with Intel’s USB3.0 controller under Windows 8.1 x64. 1. Download Intel(R)_USB_3.0_eXtensible_Host_Controller_Driver_MOD.zip and extract it. 2. Reboot windows with driver signature disabled: configure->change pc settings-> update & recovery -> recovery-> advanced startup -> troubleshoot -> advanced options -> restart -> 7 3. Open Windows Device Manager, Go to Universal Serial […]

Comments on one of them does mention success but I remember trying both methods and not succeeding. I thought there was a third blog post as well where there were many comments saying that it doesn't work.

Comment

I got the driver to install on 8.1 by using the Rockchip Driver Assistant 4.1 driver and running the following registry additions to overcome the BOS Descriptor problem .....
          ( Copy the text below and save it as a .reg file, the double-click it )

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\usbflags]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\usbflags\220700000222]
          "osvc"=hex:00,00
          "SkipContainerIdQuery"=hex:01,00,00,00
          "SkipBOSDescriptorQuery"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\usbflags\220700010222]
          "osvc"=hex:01,01

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\usbflags\220700100222]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\usbflags\2207300A0100]

Comment

Working...
          X