Random disconnecting of usb hard drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random disconnecting of usb hard drive

Hello, after modding this box is great. Temperatures are up to 70 degrees, 50 degrees idle without thermal pad on bottom (still waiting to arrive). I will post images to modding section. I have one problem. Usb HDD 2 TB is attached to box. Each time i restart windows i get message that there is problem with HDD and it need to be checked. I run check, after that windows repaires disk and i get message that there are no more errors (just until next restart, then all of that is happening again) Beside that, i get random disconnecting of HDD. Again message pops out about problems with HDD, than video playback (if active) is stopping, and windows reconnects HDD opening explorer window of each partition again (i have 3 partitions and 3 windows are openned). I have checked HDD with HDD sentinel, and there are no problems. I never had any problems with this drive on android. That issue is also making problems to utorrent aplication. When seeding large files, i get error message that utorrent can not read from disk, and i have to recheck torrent file. Anyone having same problems?

I didn't tried hdd of that size, used only one day a hdd with 1tb, and for about 30 min. No errors.
    Did you try another hdd to certificate that is not your hdd problem?

Comment

So far i have disabled autorun, and discovered error message in Windows. There is message that chkdsk/spotfix need to be executed for errors. I am doing chkdsk on that partition now and i will see results after it completes. I do not have other HDD now to try, so i will try this first. Thanks for answering!

Comment

I heard that the supplied power supply is a bad one.
        Did you already try another power supply?

You could also try a powered USB hub.

For more info: https://translate.google.fr/translat...-text=&act=url

Comment

I had left chkdsk run on big partitions with movies with f/ x/ r/ command. It took allmost 5 hours for 700 GB partition. It has reported that all errors are repaired. Since that i had no disconnecting. For now over 3 hours. I will leave video running during the night too and check in the morning. Usb hdd is powered one so i don't think it is a power issue. Torrents are on that partition too, and for now they are ok.

Comment

Working...
          X