This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to connect powered hub to MX2?

Hello to all, I just purchased my MX2 with keyboard, powered usb hub 10 ports, external hdd.
    I'd like to connect the MX with the hub but I have no clue how to do that. it seems that I should buy another usb cable?
    Can anyone guide me how I can connect (step by step)?
    I'd like to use to access my hdd contents via MX2, also to use web camera (skype) and that why the usb hub.
    Thank you,

See picture how to use a powered USB with your MX2
    Make sure your power adaptor can supply enough power. The MX2 uses 2A. When you use a power adapter 5V-5A you can safely connect iMito to powered usb hub otherwise use supplied power adapter of MX2

Click image for larger version

Name:	PoweredUSBMX2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	430087

Comment

further help

Originally posted by murapogilo View Post
      See picture how to use a powered USB with your MX2
      Make sure your power adaptor can supply enough power. The MX2 uses 2A. When you use a power adapter 5V-5A you can safely connect iMito to powered usb hub otherwise use supplied power adapter of MX2

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2129[/ATTACH]
      It Still not clear to me, so I upload 2 pictures of my MX2 with its accessories. I hope you have better idea why I'm struggeled with how to connect it to my usb hub.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok here we go.

1. remove that adapter from the side of the MX2. NEVER use that plug for anything other than flashing firmware.

2. use the power adapter that comes with the MX2 and plug it into the small USB port on the bottom.

3. use the USB cable that came with the USB hub and plug it into the large USB port on the bottom of the MX2.

4. power the USB hub VIA what ever power supply it came with.

Your done.

Comment

It does work finally

Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
          Ok here we go.

1. remove that adapter from the side of the MX2. NEVER use that plug for anything other than flashing firmware.

2. use the power adapter that comes with the MX2 and plug it into the small USB port on the bottom.

3. use the USB cable that came with the USB hub and plug it into the large USB port on the bottom of the MX2.

4. power the USB hub VIA what ever power supply it came with.

Your done.
          Thank you for your clear steps,

Comment

Working...
          X