Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808B Plus: 1080 video unwatchable with Kodi Isengard

Hello,

Android stick and Kodi noob here, but familiar with android phones and tablets. I just received the MK808B Plus with 111K4 firmware. One of the first things I did was uninstall Kodi 14.2 Helix and install Kodi 15 directly from the Play store. All 1080 video plays horribly and it looks like someone is pressing pause/unpause repeatedly every second. I play the same video using MX Player and everything plays fine. I then just uninstalled Isengard and installed 14.2 Helix instead and Helix plays all the videos fine. All the settings are the same (framerate matching the monitor, etc.). Anyone know what could be the problem? Normally, I would be satisfied using Helix but does this mean I can't upgrade Kodi? All videos are played using a WD Passport 2 TB plugged into the usb port of the MK808B Plus.

Use SPMC if you want the best android XBMC experience, as that includes fixes and hacks that can't be included for an official release.

Use OpenElec if you want the best media experience for the mk808b plus.
    Currently Using:
    2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
    Retired Devices:
    MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

Originally posted by ididmytime View Post
      Use SPMC if you want the best android XBMC experience, as that includes fixes and hacks that can't be included for an official release.

Use OpenElec if you want the best media experience for the mk808b plus.
      I'm in the market for a replacement for my original MK808B. I need to run OpenVPN, so I was using Finless 1.7 which included tun.ko. Do you know if OpenVPN runs on the MK808B Plus? If so, where is the best source to buy it? I prefer Amazon. What is the model number everybody likes and where did they get it? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bobcov View Post

I'm in the market for a replacement for my original MK808B. I need to run OpenVPN, so I was using Finless 1.7 which included tun.ko. Do you know if OpenVPN runs on the MK808B Plus? If so, where is the best source to buy it? I prefer Amazon. What is the model number everybody likes and where did they get it? Thanks!
        OpenVPN works fine on Amlogic or Rockchip (rk3288 or rk3188), although get the unofficial app from the play store, as that will allow local connections to also be seen like FTP and Samba shares. Obviously, OpenElec has native support for VPN.

I'd also recommend the xposed framework module to allow you to auto connect to the VPN without user input, as you can have it connect and then directly boot into XBMC without user input.

Anywhere like Geekbuying or Gearbest is fine, don't touch Amazon or ****, you need a non cloned version to get the support.
        Currently Using:
        2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
        Retired Devices:
        MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

Working...
        X