Need a decent launcher... ready to FREAK OUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a decent launcher... ready to FREAK OUT

I have been searching, and searching, and searching, and searching for a launcher that is SIMPLE, yet I can CUSTOMIZE. I have the Vega S89, and while I like the launcher, I can't change anything on it except for the little tiny squares in the bottom. I am trying to set up the launcher for my (technologically challenged) in-laws. I just want basic, giant apps or tiles the home screen, but still easy access to the settings and app drawer. I have tried all the launchers in this thread: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...unchers-RK3288

Either some don't work (like SunUI) with my device, and others work but offer no customization (like my stock launcher). My launcher is called "Mediabox Launcher." I also tried "Azur Clear Launcher" which I loved at first, but there is no way to add the app drawer to the home screen. They make it all convolution (have to go into the app settings) to open any other app you don't want on the home screen. I also tried Top TVLauncher (paid app), but returned it when I saw that it didn't have proper customizations. You're stuck with the amount of tiles on the screen. All you can do is change the picture from a list that they give you (you can't import your own picture), and what app(s) it opens.

All I want on the home screen is this:

Netflix, Kodi, YouTube, Chrome & The Weather Network (my mother-in-law will die without TWN). Some apps force you to have 6 tiles or icons... I don't care. I'll just choose one more. Just. Something. Simple. Then just little buttons for the app drawer and settings. That's it. Nice, big, clear icons or tiles. Why can't I find such an app?! This is insane.

Any ideas?

Try this Launcher should fit your needs.

Comment

THANK-YOU, neomode!!!

It works fantastic!!! There are two issues, though. There is no way to get rid of the plug button to add more tiles. It would be nice if the plus button would only appear when in "edit mode" or something like that. Secondly, on the home screen, Netflix, Kodi & The Weather Network all opened perfectly fine. However, YouTube, Chrome & Google Play (all Google apps?) all flashed open and then closed. I would try to open them again, and they would close again. I opened my stock launcher, and they all opened fine. Then I went back to TV Launcher and they all opened fine again.

I retested upon rebooted, and all is still well. Hopefully no issues pop up again...

Seems like almost the exact same as TVLauncher in Google Play (which is super buggy): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...awe.dev.pro.tv

Comment

Yes it is the TV Launcher from Google Playstore. But this one is the next Version of it. Let me check if I find a newer Version for you.

Comment

I have tried the TVLauncher beta. It's so easy to set up. If you add nine tiles, the "+" button will be hidden below.

This one (HALauncher) I use currently on my Android TV (Razer Forge TV). It's a bit laborious to set up the categories, but easy to use once set up.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...C5aryAT5gaawCA

But my all-time favourite for flexibility is Lightning Launcher:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...HNG2yATBn4CgAQ

Comment

Have you seen this?

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...or-internet-tv

Beelink S82 M8B MediaBox ... Android Kitkat 4.4.2 ... Vigica MX3 Air Mouse (Aerb, Sannysis) ... Logitech K400r
            SIMPLE MEDIA CENTER USING GOOGLE DRIVE
            LOGITECH K400r INSTRUCTIONS/RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ANDROID TV
            ANDROID EXTERNAL KEYBOARD SHORTCUT KEYS [DOCUMENTATION]
            NOVA LAUNCHER SET UP FOR INTERNET TV
            DOCUMENTATION?

Comment

Thank God it's not just me that hates mediabox

Comment

Guys... Just install this...

You can then access the apps from the Programs menu.

Comment

Didn't fancy that at first but bored with mediabox so best give this a shot

Comment

If you are looking for simple, It does not get any more simple than Simple TV Launcher. App Drawer-upper left, Settings-lower right. Wanted to add that the background is user-selectable.
                    Last edited by RISCy Dude; 07-23-2015, 03:08. Reason: Added the last statement.

Comment

I tried this one when it was first introduced, didn't like it, but maybe it has improved since then. Says it's for Rockchip devices only.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.launcher
                      Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
                      I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
                      RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

I like square home launcher on the play store. It's pretty darn good for me. I really like I can set standard settings on home screen which is hidden on the rest
                        Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

got involved with the KODI skins some decent looking work out there, add the android apps to favs job done full access from the kodi frontpage :-) happy days

Comment

<Shouting>

WHERE IS OUR ANDROID 5 LEANBACK LAUNCHER FOR OUR CHINESE TV BOXES????????? WHERE, DAG NABIT!

</Shouting>

Ken
                            Beelink S82 M8B MediaBox ... Android Kitkat 4.4.2 ... Vigica MX3 Air Mouse (Aerb, Sannysis) ... Logitech K400r
                            SIMPLE MEDIA CENTER USING GOOGLE DRIVE
                            LOGITECH K400r INSTRUCTIONS/RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ANDROID TV
                            ANDROID EXTERNAL KEYBOARD SHORTCUT KEYS [DOCUMENTATION]
                            NOVA LAUNCHER SET UP FOR INTERNET TV
                            DOCUMENTATION?

Comment

Originally posted by kenj66 View Post
                              <Shouting>

WHERE IS OUR ANDROID 5 LEANBACK LAUNCHER FOR OUR CHINESE TV BOXES????????? WHERE, DAG NABIT!

</Shouting>

Ken
                              I hate that lean back launcher.
                              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Working...
                              X