Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recompile kernel for MK809IV clone (with red antenna slider): not booting

Hi there,

i bought one of this popular MK809IV clone dongle (with red slider antenna) from the auction site (Kitkat, RK3188T 2GB/8GB with RTL8723BS wifi chipset). Unfortunately, it has two problems: it is locked at 720p and does not support USB multi-touch devices (in particular the HANNS G 231HPU that i am trying to pair it with).

I have tried many kernels available here for the same chipset at least to get HD resolution, but no luck so far, as the stick just wont boot. Also to fix the 2. problem, I started to recompile my own kernel with the source provided by D33 in the thread Kitkat Kernels for All - thanks a lot for that! First kernel alone just to flash the kernel and boot partitions, and then the whole image using complete android build with kitkat source provided by Radxa. However, both to no avail - the stick just wont boot.

Maybe somebody could check and hint me to something that i have done/configured wrong? I attached here build.prop and dmesg from my stock kernel, and my .config used for kernel build. Any hint/help is much appreciated as i have stuck here for quite long time. I am using the linaro 4.6.2 tool chain.

Thanks again and best,

Attached Files

I am having the same problem .. I can't MK809IV to boot after starting to load new ROMs. Any fix?

Comment

Originally posted by vng0 View Post
      I am having the same problem .. I can't MK809IV to boot after starting to load new ROMs. Any fix?
      Please check if your board also gxt_stb_3188 (box) or gxt_dongle_3188 - if you took dmesg or checked settings before). If yes, you can use this rom as posted here http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...815#post426815.

It is the only rom that boots on my stick that i have found so far. I took and flashed only the kernel.img and boot.img from this rom. However, my wifi/bluetooth (realtek 8723bs) does not work with this kernel.

Comment

Originally posted by liha0400 View Post

Please check if your board also gxt_stb_3188 (box) or gxt_dongle_3188 - if you took dmesg or checked settings before). If yes, you can use this rom as posted here http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...815#post426815.

It is the only rom that boots on my stick that i have found so far. I took and flashed only the kernel.img and boot.img from this rom. However, my wifi/bluetooth (realtek 8723bs) does not work with this kernel.
        Hi, thanks for the response.

I'm not sure what you mean by " check if your board also gxt_stb_3188 (box) or gxt_dongle_3188" means. Do I need to open up my stick? It's the MK809IV with the red slider.

And on the link you provided, there are several ROM links there, which one are you referring to?

Cannot seem to find a ROM (4.4 or 4.2) for this stick so I'm trying mk809iii roms too.

Comment

Hi,
          gxt_stb_3188 or gxt_dongle_3188 are the machine name/board name. It would be shown in the Settings (when it was still working with the stock firmware). If you did not take a dmesg output when it was working, maybe you could open up and ask experts here for identification of the board. I havent open up mine yet ;-), but only check the dmesg output.

Both the roms in the link have kernels for such a gxt board. They both had some problems on my stick when i flashed them as complete roms to my stick, however they booted ;-). Maybe you can just try to see if they work on your stick.

It seems that the sticks (or just mine?) are so picky about the kernels. I could not find any other kernel that would boot on mine. So my actual problems is still unsolved.

Comment

thanks for the help. I will take a look ... I did not look at the settings page before flashing a new rom unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by vng0 View Post
              thanks for the help. I will take a look ... I did not look at the settings page before flashing a new rom unfortunately.
              You can also try this one, it boots on mine stick, however, 720p only:

Comment

any suggestion for a bootable custom kernel for my stick - the board is gxt_d16_lp_v1.8? so far it seems to only boots with stock kernels of some gxt boards that i could find. What makes the SoCs so picky?

Comment

try this for mk809iv rk3188

Comment

Working...
                  X