Tronsmart t428 Android 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart t428 Android 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 1.4

Hey folks.... Here is my first custom ROM for a Quad Core TV stick.

I have to say with Android 4.2.2 it's like starting over. Much of my custom tweaks from 4.1.1 do not work and I have to relearn how to apply them to 4.2.2. Kind of a bummer but over time things will get better.

So this is a first release with just some basic goodies.

Features and release notes for my 1.4 ROM:

1) Rooted and new SU and Superuser applied that supports Android 4.2.2

2) Stock ROM was only 500 Megs of APP space. Be default this is increased to 1gig in my ROM.
    BUT you also have parameter file options!
    There are also 2gb, 4gb and 6gb options.
    Read below for how to change that in the flash tool.
    Realize if you use this 6gb option, internal SDcard will only have about 600 megs of free space!

2) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

3) I enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu. Tested and working with all APPs that use it.
    remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS.

4) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
    Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
    Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.

5) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
    I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
    Your device will show up in google play as Samsung device nopt a t428 or RKSDK! Understand this please.
    I also left the original buiild.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
    If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
    Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
    Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
    Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a Minis Nexo X5.

6) RK Mirroring is enabled. I have yet to figure it out or how to use it but if we ever do, its there.
    I think we need a client on our tablets to use it. Hopefully more info will come from WiMo about this.
    Also new to Android 4.2.2 is Wifi display. If you have another 4.2.2 phone or tablet you can share your
    devices screen on your TV.

7) Remote Control using RK Remote APP is now fully supported!
    In the ROM kit is a RKRemoteControl.apk.
    You install this on your phone or tablet and now it can remotely control your TV player!
    Just put the APK on sdcard or something and install it on your Android phone, tablet, etc.
    ENJOY this one! I had a HARD TIME getting it to work!

8) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).

9) It appears Xpad.ko is in the kernel already for Xbox controller support.
    However since I do not have a xbox controller I cannot test or confirm this.
    Please let me know if it works.

10) USB mass storage support.
    Stock ROM this is set as a MTP device and there is not longer settings support to change it in 4.2.2!
    I modified build.prop to change it from MTP to Mass Storage as I prefer this as it gives removable storage
    for the external SDcard as well as internal SDcard.
    On boot up if your connected to a PC you will get a start screen telling you USB is connected.
    This is how a tablet works too. If you turn it on from this screen you will see your removable
    drives on your PC.
    I removed the USB on/off setting as it did not work at all so was useless.
    This is also why I changed it to Mass storage.
    If you want to change it back, just edit build.prop.

For more information ALWAYS read the README in the ROM kit!

Here are the links for Android 4.2.2 Finless 1.4 ROM

ROM -> Tronsmart t428 Android 4.2.2 - Finless 1.4 ROM (250 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 05-13-2013, 00:22.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

thank you

great news i was waiting for your first rom to be avalaible for the t428 now i will order one today from geekbuying.
    The reason i'll buy from them it is because they have a good communication with you and they approve your hard work.
    Will give you my report in 7 or 14 days about your rom and i also use a xbox controller so i will be able to test it. 512m for application is way too low by chance your rom and your tool are easy to use and your 2gb parameter will make my day
    Thanks Bob for your great work for sdram storage there are plenty of applications to bind directories to an external sdcard so a small internal sdcard space is no problem for me with root access.

Comment

Thanks for the custom rom for Tronsmart T428, I will try this Rom and report back

also @kennythewise, Thanks for your order and trust! We will try our best to offer you guys best service!!
      Looking for developers
      http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

WoooooHoooo! Still don't have mine in yet, but you know I'm already downloading this!

EDIT: Also, does anyone know if any of the RK3066 or RK3188 Tabs/Phones have full PlayStore access and no issue with say things like AnTuTu? Wouldn't it be better to spoof one of those in the build.prop?

EDIT #2: I got the WiFi Display working between my MK808 and my Galaxy Note II. I was running it on 802.11n 2.4GHz (WPA2-Personal AES)on both devices. I originally had my phone on 802.11n 5Ghz and it wouldn't connect to the 808. Once I put my phone on 2.4GHz it did. Im using an RT-AC66U router only 20+/- Ft away and the video was delayed by about 2 seconds and had really bad distortions and pixelization (green, pinks, and tearing all over), but it was working. and I was able to rotate the image as well. I think the app just needs some work itself and or is only meant to work between RK devices.

Im hoping the power of the quad-core and the possible 802.11ac will help and make it work.
        Last edited by Spotopolis; 05-06-2013, 06:12.
        TV Stick: MK808 // Tronsmart T428
        ROM: Finless 1.7c w/Pimp My Rom // Nexus SDK2 Multi-Window v1.2
        CPU: @1.6GHz OnDemand Governor NOOP I/O Scheduler
        Recovery: ClockworkMod
        Kernel: Omegamoon // 1080p OC kernel 720ddr 1.9cpu
        Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
        ROM: Whompasaurus v4.2
        Kernel: Persus

Comment

After flash to this custom rom,i can use this XBMC:

now can do hardware decoding with external player. but in stock firmware, it can't.

what did you change to make it work?
          Looking for developers
          http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Thanks for the ROM. I've had it on over night and so far so good. There is one little issue, when on stock 4.1.1, I can see the three wireless routers I have dotted about the place, on this ROM one of them will not show on the list (Edimax BR-6324NL Wireless Router).

Comment

Hello,

I am new to this forum and found it by your custom rom for the t428
              Anyways I was giving some input and my outlook on this rom and every other one for the t428
              Many entertainment apps Like Netflix,Hulu plus,crackle do not work. Also HID bluetooth support does not work.

I have tried every rom availible for the t428 and they all do the same thing except the 4.1 rom
              Which they play then sound stops after the first reboot or shutdown of the stick. So once it starts up again no sound at all on anything.

Was wondering what type of roms you customize and or interested in fixing on this rom and the t428

Thats the base standard I use on entertainment and video is Netflix ,hulu plus and The free crackle by sony
              which as ive said none of them work on this rom which for hulu is due to root and crackle and netflix allows access. So I was hoping some of your input on this what is the importance of xbmc. I personally think upnplay works better and is already at google play. Anyways hope you understand just my perspective and think the real apps of importance for reselling to customers are netflix,hulu and other streaming services not just homenetwork.
              Bob D.

Comment

when is for 908

Bob, not fair...when are u doing it for 908?

Comment

Re: NEW - Tronsmart t428 Finless ROM 1.4

Originally posted by bkling View Post
                  Bob, not fair...when are u doing it for 908?
                  I supose it is a joke, he is working in a lot of devices at same time. So when he can sure it will try with 908 too.
                  REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                  My devices:
                  Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                  MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                  Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                  Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                  Gearbest.com)
                  MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                  Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                  Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

xpad.ko

I'm not sure what to do with a custom ROM yet.

I can tell you that the 4.2.2 that the T428 ships with does support my USB xbox 360 controller. YEAH BABY!

Just TWO major problems with 4.2.2:

1. Netflix doesn't work.
                    2. GPUs don't get the clock-speed they need to churn out the high 3D graphics scores we should be seeing.

3. Well, what's going on with the WiFi? I get fab performance (provided I disconnect USB ethernet adapter) so it will connect, but when I do the WPS method, it seems to connect only to the 2.4GHz band. I'll need to pursue things further on my end with that.

Comment

Odd, I tested Netflix and it worked for me

I installed it from Google play not side load.

I will try again when I get home. I will also try crackle and find out what the problem is. I did not test that.

Also I am working on the 4.1.1 ROM for this. Reason is it is faster AND it is SDK level 16 which allows more compatibility. There are lots of Play store APPs that will not work on 4.2.2 as it is reporting SDK level 17 to Google Play and you cannot change that in build.prop or the ROM will not boot!

The bottom line moving forward is the APP developers need to update their APPs to support 4.2.2 SDK level 17. We don't want to be stuck on 4.1.1 for ever!

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Sixaxis app Compatibility t428?

Hi, Bob

Sixaxis app Compatibility Tronsmart t428?
                        1port usb2.0 Host ideal CANYON USB HUB 4 port(Logitech C270 HD cam+logitech wireless usb mouse+logitechk400)?

Chaky

Comment

screen keyboard

Hi,

I have 2 or 3 questions (still waiting my T428, shipped 2 days ago...):

- Is it possible to hide the screen keyboard when you plugged a wireless keyboard? (it use half of the screen so that's not very confortable i think.)

- Is it possible to see a lockscreen when the T428 is not used? (like smartphone without the screen off)
                          And will it be possible to get the multi user then?

-Is it possible to do video call on skype? (i have an old logitech C300)

Thanks for all the answers to come guys and sorry my english

And good job bob i've seen your work on other sticks.

Comment

Re: NEW - Tronsmart t428 Finless ROM 1.4

Originally posted by didshub View Post
                            Hi,

I have 2 or 3 questions (still waiting my T428, shipped 2 days ago...):

- Is it possible to hide the screen keyboard when you plugged a wireless keyboard? (it use half of the screen so that's not very confortable i think.)

- Is it possible to see a lockscreen when the T428 is not used? (like smartphone without the screen off)
                            And will it be possible to get the multi user then?

-Is it possible to do video call on skype? (i have an old logitech C300)

Thanks for all the answers to come guys and sorry my english

And good job bob i've seen your work on other sticks.
                            To hide the keyboard use null imput from Google play.
                            Lookscreen is difficult to activate, Bob made it in 4.1 roms, and he need to investigate how make that in 4.2
                            There is some cams compatible, the best is try it.
                            REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                            My devices:
                            Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                            MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                            Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                            Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                            Gearbest.com)
                            MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                            Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                            Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                              To hide the keyboard use null imput from Google play.
                              Lookscreen is difficult to activate, Bob made it in 4.1 roms, and he need to investigate how make that in 4.2
                              There is some cams compatible, the best is try it.
                              I'll try null input and i hope bob will find how to activate lockscreen, he does a great job anyway.
                              I hope my cam will be compatible.
                              Thanks for your fast answer.

Comment

Working...
                              X