new Mx3 with 2 gig/8gig 4.4.2 Android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new Mx3 with 2 gig/8gig 4.4.2 Android

I just got this box and all attempts to flash it have thus far failed. Could someone tell me if it is locked up or is there some way to replace the original ware with something better? Thank you!!!

Can these Boxes be unlocked with ICS Root Unlocker?

Comment

Have you tried mediaman roms He has a few that should work on yours. As for being locked no I don't think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kezz View Post
        Can these Boxes be unlocked with ICS Root Unlocker?
        ICS = Ice Cream Sandwich (IIRC Android 4.0.x)
        Android 4.4.2 OTOH.. Is KitKat, so I wouldn't expect it to work...

Comment

Ok I tried Mediaman and I still get only the screen with the sd card update and nothing past that!!
          Has anyone flashed these to openelec yet if so can you tell how you did it please?

Comment

I've been reading a lot about how these ~new~ MXIII's tend to softbrick if you unduly push 'em specifically on the Wi-Fi Side.
            It might not be you idea of the best thing you could do... But, I'd recomend poping it open first, and note what if any WiFi Chip was actually in there before I'd be willinill'ing to start experimenting on any given Box.

If you care to believe it or not these Hangups, of which your speaking of... Are actually doing their job!.
            More so since a greater deal of the newer so-called MXIII. ARE IN FACT LESS MXIIIs, and more like Minix Neo x8 Pluses.
            Sure the latest, and greatest AiO Firmwares might save you from a total HARDBRICK! But, I gather that the latest WiFi Drivers (For the latest Chips), are still yet to come!

Like I said about the only way to be sure is to pop the Device open, which is simple enough to do since it's not screwed, or glued into place. A Guitar Pick is about all you'd need to do it.

Comment

You are correct in this however when I access the File manger it comes back with no root access....so this does confirm that 4.4 and above is definitely locked out and it is on all android devices.....Phones, tablets, tv boxes etc.... do not update your devices if you want root access without it you can't install any other software!!!

Comment

You are correct in this however when I access the File manger it comes back with no root access....so this does confirm that 4.4 and above is definitely locked out and it is on all android devices.....Phones, tablets, tv boxes etc.... do not update your devices if you want root access without it you can't install any other software!!!
                Real simples if you rooted you should have SuperSU as an App... If you don't then you're likely not rooted, or SuperSU is just not installed.

You can try looking: HERE to download the latest SuperSU *.zip File.
                With which you can then place onto a MicroSD... Or possibly a USB Stick?! And install it as an update (e.g. You'll need to point the stock 3e Recovery to where the UPDATE-Supersu-v1.94.zip is located -beit USB, or MicroSD). You DO NOT NEED TO UNPACK IT FIRST! Since you'd be using it as an update.zip file.

This will NOT root your Device! I only guess here is that the Device may well already be rooted, it is however still missing the SuperSU App.

If you want to simpler Play Store way to check for root.... Or a lack thereof. I'd recommend you to download CPUz to find that out. As it should tell you sans a SuperSU App if the Device is in fact rooted or not.

Comment

Yes you are correct....it is rooted but updating is not what I want to do!
                  I ant to replace the Slower Android (and all the Google Spyware) with Openelec and that is not possible as long as the Root Access is locked!
                  If you know how this can be circumvented I would appreciate your Input!

Comment

Yes you are correct....it is rooted but updating is not what I want to do!
                    I ant to replace the Slower Android (and all the Google Spyware) with Openelec and that is not possible as long as the Root Access is locked!
                    If you know how this can be circumvented I would appreciate your Input!
                    I think you really need to crack that sucker open, like I said, and determine just what SoC is in use on your Device... S802 MXIII... Or S812 SoC MXIII Plus, sans any, Wi-Fi Chip issues.
                    This should net you a better idea of what you have and, so a greater chance of knowing what to install. Since there are only like a dozen versions for Amlogic Devices, to start with, and I'm guessing that the neither the S82, or the MX3 (e.g. MXIII), are the correct version(s), for your Box...

AFAIK root IS root.... Your either ~rooted~ (But, for whatever reason missing the SuperSU App)... Or your simply not! My guess is your Device is puking on the updates your trying to feed it is actually a good thing. As if they were to go though... You'd probably just wind up with a Brick.

One thing you shouldn't have much trouble to do, is to check the build.prop (/system/build.prop), out....
                    It would be great to note the exact property of "ro.product.name="... k200 IS MXIII.... n200 is likely something a lot closer to the the MXIII Plus.
                    While the incompatibilities of these versions are melting like so much snow in July, on Amlogic / Beelink / Tronsmart Firmwares.... Its however NOT the case with OpenELEC right now.

Comment

There is no flashing possible with the Boot loader Locked out!!!

Comment

Solution: If your Bootloader is Locked like mine was: Extract the File you want to a Formatted (fat32) SDcard...Connect Power to the MX....Hold the Toothpick and the ON/OFF at the same time....after about 5 to 6 Seconds....Insert the SDcard while still holding Both ON/OFF and Toothpick....When the Adndroid Appers release both the button and the Toothpick....After it installs if you get a Black Screen....Reboot with the Power Plug...if still no go then just do it again...This works....Enjoy!!

Comment

Working...
                        X