Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW: Ainol Mini PC II Dual Boot Intel Z3735F Quad 1.8G 2G/32G 802.11 b/g/n LAN BT4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW: Ainol Mini PC II Dual Boot Intel Z3735F Quad 1.8G 2G/32G 802.11 b/g/n LAN BT4.0

Another New Box by Ainol Mini PC II Dual Boot Intel Z3735F Quad 1.8G 2G/32G 802.11 b/g/n LAN BT4.0 - Silver Alloy.

Thanks again to Geekbuying using DHL very quick indeed.

http://goo.gl/3r0Dqd

Use Coupon:
    WDBRMOCS final price = $99.00

• Operating System Licensed Windows 8.1 with Bing ,Android 4.4
    • CPU 64-BIT Intel Btry Z3735F, Quad core, up to 1.83GHz
    • GPU Intel HD Graphics
    • RAM 2GB DDR3L
    • ROM 32GB eMMC
    • Extended Storage Micro SD card, support up to 128GB
    • Communication
    • Wifi Connectivity 802.11 b/n/g
    • Bluetooth 4.0
    • 2 x USB 2.0; 1 x RJ45;1 x Micro SD card slot;1 x 3.5mm Earphone jack

Lets Have a Bit of Look inside this all alloy case
    Much Smaller PCB with everything built in.
    Do I see a heat sink well that has to be a Bonus. Thermal Pad Under Heat sink and also under PCB touching alloy Base Box.
    Much the rest is pretty much the same as all these dual boot boxes Note Hynix Ram.

The small blue PCB with ribbon is Power On/Off switch and you can just see the small Wi-Fi antenna near silver tape side of case.

Windows update only 20 updates this time much better than the usual 90 plus I have been getting.
    Windows running well the usual set up of software and utes to see what this Ainnol MIni PC II can do.

Wi-Fi speeds good picked up my WD DUO NAS easy rates avg 5~10mb
    Ethernet also good

Installed and running Aida64 10 minutes in just hitting 60 degree mark and pretty much stayed there
    Had they used a larger size thermal pad I feel it would drop another few degrees as the size used was minimal.

A couple of new to me CPU testers etc to fiddle with

Realtemp 3.70

RealTemp is a temperature monitoring program designed for all Intel single Core, dual Core and quad Core processors. Each core on these processors ha

Prime95 to stress your CPU

http://www.mersenne.org/download/

So things are pretty cool and no issues noted.
    The usual good performance with Netflix used from the win app store and Plex.

A small, neat and compact unit measuring 118 x 118 x 20 mm.

Also further looking into this device it appears to be the same PCB as they are using in the SUNCHIP device CX-W8.
    I recall the Sunchip device has the tin lid only on cpu/ram as heat sink.
    Ainol have bumped it up a little with heat sink and thermal pads.

Use Coupon:
    WDBRMOCS final price = $99.00

More to Come

Cheers
    Last edited by trebor; 07-02-2015, 04:23.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Looks like a nice little windows mini pc & really good to see a decent sized heat sink for once
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Yes someone has been looking around Freaktab for sure, nice little unit performs well.

Cheers
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Is the case made of plastic?

Edit: now I read Alloy case, so it is metalic rigth?

Comment

It's aluminium case top and bottom
          Only plastic bit is the black plastic fold on the front and there is a small blue led to show power on.

Cheers
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
            It's aluminium case top and bottom
            Only plastic bit is the black plastic fold on the front and there is a small blue led to show power on.

Cheers
            Ok thanks, 4th photo confused me

Comment

Also should have said it has a lining of plastic to do with all the black you see and part of the mounting etc
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Improved heat dissipation

As mentioned in previous post the thermal Pad used in the Ainol Mini PC II was small 20 x 20 x 5mm
                I removed this and added some scraps I had left over.

From this

To This

Now have the temp down a few more Degree. If I had the Good quality pad as this Pad is 1.3 rated may have improved a little more.
                So easy to do if you think it needs it.

Cheers
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Just a quick question. Is 32 Gig of RAM enough for a dualboot device? How is it devided between win and android?
                  THX

Comment

It's enough if you don't go crazy and install a tonne of Junk and clean out your temps etc after browsing keep it clean and lean and it will be mean.

If you don't need Android its easy to set up Windows only and dump Android
                    Cheers
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

It would be nice if Google decided to do a full-on Linux GUI that matched what windows can do.. I think the technology is just about there.. instead they lock down the OS in this primarily single-task on screen proprietary un-upgradeable OS.. it would be about time to let Linux flourish and be more like Windows with its on-screen multi-tasking apps. Btw, I thought I saw a 64gb version of this ainol on the website.
                      Now if they would release 4gb ram versions with 802.11ac this might be worthy of a q4 2015 release-- but keep the price under $200

Comment

Hi!! I just bought one in a chinese shop , in fact I am writing from it. I am very happy with the purchase, in a few days will give my impressions !!

Comment

Hi Trebor,

have you tested if Mini PC II can wake up from lan? Does the device has this option?
                          Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by spedja View Post
                            Hi Trebor,

have you tested if Mini PC II can wake up from lan? Does the device has this option?
                            Thanks!
                            Not 100% on this one, pretty sure they don't yet to have a good look at this.
                            treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Do you know where we can find BIOS firmwares for Mini PC II?

Comment

Working...
                              X