Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S89. Does bluetooth work?

Currently on Finless 2.1

I can pair my phone with device, but if I click on "Vega" in the list in my phone, it says connecting for a moment, but it never does.

I tried with 2 different phones. and Droid X running 4.4.4 LiquidSmooth and a LG G3 on stock LP.

Does the Bluetooth work on these damned things?

*It does seem to work.. despite not being "connected", I was able to send a file from my phone to the S89, so that's good.

I really want to be able to stream music from my phone to the S89 to be played thru my home theater.
    Last edited by jae; 07-01-2015, 08:28.

Bluetooth works perfectly fine, it just doesn't include the profiles to be an audio sink since it's a source device. What you want from this would likely be an audio server/receiver setup, probably over Wifi. I've had some luck going in the other direction with BubbleUPnP, there's a bit of a delay but that should work fine for an audio only setup. Didn't work well for my use case because I was trying to stream audio while video was also playing since I didn't feel like getting Bluetooth headphones, was possible to get it synced up using the built in audio delay feature of the media player, but it was enough trouble doing so that I ended up getting headphones instead eventually. Was fine when I used it for an audio only stream though

Comment

Yeah, I'm currently playing with BubbleUPNP and it works well for audio over the LAN.

It's just surprising, and somewhat disappointing that there is no Bluetooth audio receiver app. Seems like something that would be available. I mean, there are plenty of "shelf-top" stereos from Sony and others that simply do this, and they work great. I would've assumed that would've been done long ago.

I have in my car, and FM Transmitter to get the music from my phone, to my "inputless" car stereo. That connects to my phone via BT, and transmits over an unused frequency to my car raidio. Works well.

Kind of shocking there's no app to turn an android device into a Bluetooth receiver.

Comment

When I bought my box about 9mo ago my Bluetooth wouldn't work at all. Also my Wifi signal was horrible and unusable (I'm talking 1/100th of normal speeds). The wifi is still terrible (so I use an ethernet cable) but when I read up on it everyone said that the Bluetooth and wifi are on the same signal. If I shut off wifi then the Bluetooth works perfectly. Never had a problem since.

Comment

Interesting.. I've always used wired, so I've not experienced the "conflict" as you have.

Good to know if I ever switch the unit to wireless.....

BTW: I've been using UPNPlay and it's free and pretty good. Works over the LAN (as opposed to BT) supports perfect gapless play and some other nice features.

Worth a look for "remote control" playback..

Comment

Working...
          X