Getting my MK808B plus soon..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting my MK808B plus soon..

Hello everybody, hope you all doing fine.
    I've ordered yesterday the MK808B plus from Geekbuying and now i'm waiting.
    What should i do when i get it? flash the finless rom/cm12/open elec?
    Also, can i go back and forth between openelec/android? or do a dual-boot?
    thanks in advance.

Yes to all of that. Realize that GeekBuying is sending v3 boards now with ap6212 WiFi/bluetooth chip which the Finless Rom 1.1 doesn't support, however OpenElec does. I've not tried the CM yet, but it's on my list. For the family, they want the Android interface, though, so that's what I'll continue to use. I'm running hardwired Ethernet currently until I can figure out how to load drivers or Finless updates his ROM to 111k4 to support this chip. As to dual-boot, I haven't tried that, so I don't have an answer, but I expect you can. Good luck.
    MK808B+ (4) | Tronsmart MK908 (2) | Unbranded MK908
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Asus TF300T (2) | LG Spectrum (2) | Archos A5H | Archos 43

"Never try to teach a pig to sing;
    it wastes your time and annoys the pig."
    – P. G. Wodehouse, Robert Heinlein, Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by inforiculturist View Post
      Yes to all of that. Realize that GeekBuying is sending v3 boards now with ap6212 WiFi/bluetooth chip which the Finless Rom 1.1 doesn't support, however OpenElec does. I've not tried the CM yet, but it's on my list. For the family, they want the Android interface, though, so that's what I'll continue to use. I'm running hardwired Ethernet currently until I can figure out how to load drivers or Finless updates his ROM to 111k4 to support this chip. As to dual-boot, I haven't tried that, so I don't have an answer, but I expect you can. Good luck.
      Hey! thanks for reply
      So, i want to load android and openelec as a dualboot because i don't want to be limited by openelec.
      I'm gonna connect internet via Tronsmart's RJ45 adapter so i don't need wifi.
      also, i realized that stock rom sucks and works really bad so now i don't know what to run- the finless rom or the CM12. i read yesterday that i can do dualboot, but my question is can i dualboot with a custom rom?

Comment

Working...
      X