Audio Cutting Out Beelink MXIII PLus Amlogic S812

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio Cutting Out Beelink MXIII PLus Amlogic S812

I've had a persistent issue with audio cutting out when watching video and audio through KODI and PLEX (don't use anything else on the box). I am running on Ethernet from an Asus RT-AC66U, win 8.1. Tried WIFI both bands and same thing with cutting out. The audio cuts out for 1/2 to more than a second, comes back...out again and then back. Its a bit random, but from a couple times a minute to 5 or 6 a minute.
    The Beelink is attached to a good 8 port switch, which is attached to a 200 mps Powerline adapter. There is a WDTV Live, ROKU, XBOX, Bluray all hooked up to the same switch and not have the audio issue.
    Plex is mostly downloaded video material from the PC hard drive played through the Beelink - Plex is an app on it. KODI - video and music feeds.
    I've tried changing the HDMI cable - no difference.
    I moved from KODI 14.2 to 15 RC1 to see if this would help - didn't. Also upped firmware to 202k4 and this made no difference.
    Does anybody have any ideas as to what the problem might be and/or some troubleshooting to figure this out. Its a PIA. Haven't seen a ROM out there yet.
    Appreciate any help...
    Thanks
    I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
    Ron White

Try 115k4?

Comment

That is an S802 Kitkat ROM/irmware.
      I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
      Ron White

Comment

I believe it installs and is more stable. Then u would know if it is box or ROM.

Comment

Is there a thread that you know of that I can read through and check? Sorry to doubt, but I don't want to brick the box.
          Ron White

Comment

I have personally installed 202k4 on an s802 tronsmart mxiii, and the only thing that didn't work was the WiFi driver.

I have never bricked an android device, as long as you can get to recovery you can just flash the last ROM that worked.

I would install it on my beelink s82, but I have just spent ages setting it up with apps and kodi addons.

Comment

Think I will go in this order - reinstall stock firmware after clearing everything....check it out and see if the skip is still there and if it is...clean it all out and install 202k4 clean and give it another try. If it skips...try 115k4 - don't care about wifi, as I am able to connect Ethernet.
              Have you used TWRP to do this flashing on the Beelink?
              Ron White

Comment

I used stock recovery.

Comment

This gets a little confusing. Why are both the 113k4 and 201k4 shown for the S82 Plus?
                  I found this link - http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....ily-flash.html.
                  There are links from that page to this page with links for 113k4 and 201k4.
                  Download latest Android KitKat 4.4.2 stock firmware for Beelink S82 Plus TV Box from here or here . Download 201k4 firmware versio...

I don't get it, why are there two versions of firmware for this box - 11*k4 and 20*k4? And if this is the case can I flash Finless's ROM for the MXIII (2.1)?
                  The second question for you, how did you get into recovery (vs USB Burning Tool) to flash?

Thanks again for your help.
                  Ron White

Comment

Its really simple --- 1xxk4 is for k200 Devices, (i.e. S802 SoC), where 2xxk4 is for n200 Devices (i.e. S812 SoC).
                    The only reason why you can use One on the other, is likely down to Amlogic's oversimplification in making all their Firmwares work as an AiO (i.e. All-in-One), solution.
                    It's probably NOT meant to work, and they'll likely void any warranty (Assuming you even had One!), if you tried to install it. Since they're all essentially the same Firmware... Post 111k4. There shouldn't be as much risk with installing the incorrect firmware, as there was with Firmwares prior to 110k4.

As to your other question... You enter Recovery, the exact same way as you otherwise would. Via the so-called Toothpick Method.
                    If your asking about Why am I always crashing ~ca 3% of the way in?!

Then you DO NOT HAVE THE WORLD CUP DRIVER FULLY INSTALLED!
                    There could be reasons beyond simply having Windows 8.x installed which actively prohibits the installation of unsigned Drivers, which the WorldCup Driver is. (How One would go about fixing such an issue, is a question best asked to Uncle Google.... I still retain enough sense to use Windows 7 x64 Ultimate!)....

Otherwise assuming that the Driver is in fact installed.... Your not giving Windows enough time to actually load 'em up. In order to load such Drivers into memory. One has to continuously keep the Reset Switch fully depressed until Windows discovers a new USB Device.... Which could, and likely will take the best part of ninety plus seconds to accomplish. The most common mistake being made here is inside USB Burning Tool itself, where its already listed a Device at HUB-x-y.

THIS IS TOTALLY BOGUS! Forget this, and, do as I said above... Eventually Windows will go "Ting!!", and figure out that you have a new USB Device connected, and that it [Windows], needs to get busy and, start loading up some Drivers, for it.

Only then will you then proceeded past the 3% crash point....

Comment

Thanks a lot Ichijoe.
                      Part of your answer may be for someone else. I don't have any issues with crashing during the flash. Windows finds the device no problem.

A question for you, is using CWM or TWRP a better option to flash the device?
                      I'm familiar with using both on my Galaxy Tab S and Moto G.
                      Ron White

Comment

If you know where to find a working Clockwork Mod, for Amlogic SoC's... You'd be sure to let us know mmm'ka?!
                        TWRP on the other hand, after a longer delay to get it working on the M82 (i.e. 1G/8G MXIII's). I think the original target was the S82/89 (2G/8G Devices). Back when installing S82/89 Firmware on an M82 WAS A BIG NO NO! At least works now. Though you WILL NEED A USB MOUSE to get on with it, as there currently (as known to me...), no way to get the Remote, Stock or otherwise, to work under it. Otherwise on touch I actually do prefer TWRP over the older CWM.Though CWM would in fact be a better fit on these Devices. I've never seen any indication that such a build exists.

Comment

Thanks Ichijoe.
                          I think I will try to flash 115k4 to see if software might be the issue.
                          Gearbest has been pretty good about this issue. They've offered me a replacement - I pay shipping back and they send a replacement. Two other options were $45 no return, or $45 credit to account via Gearbest $$ towards another purchase.
                          I think the MXIII Plus is a good unit, although I will probably get the S82 Plus for the extra memory.
                          Ron White

Comment

Well, I loaded up the DKVi ROM, a modified version of 115k4 onto my Beelink MXIII Plus. Install went fine. The ROM is awesome, nice and clean and kept my apps for me. It runs faster for whatever reason, with KODI running great. However, the sound issue is still present, so I'm going to have to get the box replaced. Too bad.
                            I will give this one a try, but don't expect anything different - [ROM] RemiX 115k4 - FreakTab.com
                            Dandroid and Ichijoe, thanks for your input and help.
                            Ron White

Comment

Have you tried SPMC just to see if it works? The latest version is 14.2 and in 14.1 he Removed hardcoded 250ms audio delay on Amlogic.
                              Semper Media Center (SPMC in short) is a android-minded fork of Kodi, by the former Kodi android maintainer, Koying

Another thing to consider is installing MX player plus the Codec Patch.
                              http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps...pport-t2156254

One last thing, the Stock S82 Plus Firmware is in zip format instead of .img so I believe it can be installed direct from sd card and an easier firmware for devs to troubleshoot, if you want to risk it on the MX3+ S812
                              http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....at-442_21.html

The first download link is much faster than the second.
                              https://mega.co.nz/#!qQdjnYgK!gMybuc...X2A8TiZOdlnmPw

Comment

Working...
                              X