Broke M8 power button, what do now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broke M8 power button, what do now?

dropped my pipo m8 onto carpet, bottom side first (opposite end of usb, sdcard, power plug etc)
    The power button feels recessed now, not spring-y anymore, trying to pry open the tablet now to see damage. [s](How do you open this thing? I broke the guitar pick! there is no space to pry into!)[/s]
    edit: managed to pry open a bottom corner diagonally opposite of the power button, tools: thumb nail(destroyed), old membership/library cards(credit card has engraving so I didn't want to use it), guitar pick damaged from prying/lacquer coat damaged, business cards (destroyed)

Ok, so I opened it, I don't know what to do now

I've changed the ESC button to "power wake" but that only works as long as the tablet is on, so until next time I need to use the hard reset button due to not waking up from deep sleep.

I still have no idea how to turn on the tablet from off status.

looking for advice from those that have been here before, how do you turn on/off the tablet/screen now?
    I have disabled sleep for now (screen on all the time), not sure what to do going forward

Thanks
    Last edited by stillsomber; 07-09-2015, 09:40.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi, Try to look to your motherboard, where the power button touchs.

For me, it was under the motherboard, there was a scratch that has desolder the power unit, need to resolder it.

Didn't know which ROM can Wake up the board when plug in.

Comment

Hi steve, my tablet is still on at this moment, I managed to convert the ESC/right volume button to power/wake button to turn on/off the display. I have opened the back cover.

if I turn it off or it doesn't wake up from deep sleep, do you know how I can turn it off again without the power button? jump start the motherboard or something?

I suppose I have to turn it off before attempting to solder the motherboard?

So you didn't have to get new parts? just resoldered your old switch/power button?

Thanks

Comment

My power button was broken (plastic piece) and motherboard has a problem it must be soldered (power button has unsoldered some contact under the motherboard).

I have asked to Pipo (Anna) She send me power button to replaced it : I have got one more spare if you want.

For the motherboard, I haven't done myself .

I remember there was a ROM that when you try to charge only, it always turns on.

Maybe try to change the kernel.img only, I will try to find it.

Comment

Yes I want it!! the broken part in mine is the power switch under the motherboard (red circle in photo)

Do you have Anna's contact at Pipo? I tried their skype from their website around 1pm chinese time but no one picked up, maybe an old number?
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I have only the power button not the power switch on the motherboard !
              Try on the Pipo's Facebook page

If you know someone with good soldering skills, he can do it, there is some glue and some wire must have been cut by the accident !

Comment

Had exactly the same thing happen. Not being steady of hand with a solder tool, I took it to my local TV shop.
                He said he was unable to repair the 'micro-switch', so I ended up sending it back to China for repair.
                I thought it would never return, but it finally did.
                I wish you well.
                Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

To Pipo? warranty or how much? My power switch is broken, probably need a replacement unless I can figure out how the two small contact plates inside it work together

Comment

Working...
                  X