Clear All

bricked RK3066 device

Hi,
    I bought a noname tv box. likClick image for larger version

Name:	a-quotation-to-America.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	438377e this:
    because not handle my usb hdd I ask help for the seller, without any result. after this, I found an MKXXX image file, and updated with this...
    After the restart in the left upper corner comes two pinguine, so start the device, after the screen reduce to 1/8, and nothing happen...
    later I get the original firmware for this (htc_make_T008_Launcher2_public_20130426_update.im g).
    it copyd to micro sd card, and restarted the device, but the result the same... boot up, screen reduce, nothing to see...

So I need help, how to repair..

thanks in advance

Re: bricked RK3066 device

Originally posted by vicu View Post
    Hi,
    I bought a noname tv box. lik[ATTACH=CONFIG]2158[/ATTACH]e this:
    because not handle my usb hdd I ask help for the seller, without any result. after this, I found an MKXXX image file, and updated with this...
    After the restart in the left upper corner comes two pinguine, so start the device, after the screen reduce to 1/8, and nothing happen...
    later I get the original firmware for this (htc_make_T008_Launcher2_public_20130426_update.im g).
    it copyd to micro sd card, and restarted the device, but the result the same... boot up, screen reduce, nothing to see...

So I need help, how to repair..

thanks in advance
    You need a tool to flash it from your pc. Search for the tool to flash it, it must ne in the same place from where you download the file.
    Last edited by leolas; 05-08-2013, 21:29.
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
      You need a tool to flash it from your pc. Search for the tool to flash it, it must ne in the same place from where you download the file.
      Hi, Whats up in Spain?
      U are right, i have a tool for this, but after the "upgrade" My pc see the device as a portable device... so nothing to do with flash

Szilárd

Comment

Hi, Whats up in Spain?
        U are right, i have a tool for this, but after the "upgrade" My pc see the device as a portable device... so nothing to do with flash

Szilárd

Have your device a reset button?
        Did you install the drivers to flash? They can be found in all Finless roms.
        If your device have a reset button I can try to help you explaining the steps
        My devices:
        Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Have your device a reset button?
          Did you install the drivers to flash? They can be found in all Finless roms.
          If your device have a reset button I can try to help you explaining the steps
          Ok I know soon, I have MK819. for this i get the right image file (i hope).
          Based your answer, I have pushed the reset button, while connected to my pc. instal the rockchip usb driver, and the flash tools connected. the flash was so easy...
          I dont know it is working or not, in my workplace I do not have tv and hdmi cable, but after the flash se my pc as two different driver...
          So i hope everything goes right.
          Thanks for a Help!
          By the way, what do you mean Finless rom?

Comment

Ok I know soon, I have MK819. for this i get the right image file (i hope).
            Based your answer, I have pushed the reset button, while connected to my pc. instal the rockchip usb driver, and the flash tools connected. the flash was so easy...
            I dont know it is working or not, in my workplace I do not have tv and hdmi cable, but after the flash se my pc as two different driver...
            So i hope everything goes right.
            Thanks for a Help!
            By the way, what do you mean Finless rom?
            Good then you solved it.
            My devices:
            Gearbest.com)

Comment

Good then you solved it.

Yes(not jet tested), but i need some additional help, e.g. which rom can I use, finles rom, or something else..

Comment

Yes(not jet tested), but i need some additional help, e.g. which rom can I use, finles rom, or something else..
                Sorry in it I cant help you, cause i didnt know about to your device, if someone know what is the compatible rom to this device please tell us
                My devices:
                Gearbest.com)

Comment

Sorry in it I cant help you, cause i didnt know about to your device, if someone know what is the compatible rom to this device please tell us
                  I found in the net MK819

Comment

Hi,

it seems we have custom ROM for this device, here on Freaktab.

It looks like this device is Ditter U16 with alternative names "Jesurun Mk819", "Reko MK819", "UG008B", "Unuiga U10".

I'm still waiting for my device so can't help more than that.

Br
                    Last edited by xbmk; 10-25-2013, 13:42. Reason: found 4th alternative name

Comment

Check this out: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ghlight=UG008B

Comment

I'm going to tag "MTB028" name as another fork of this hardware, together with

Ditter U16, "Jesurun Mk819", "Reko MK819", "UG008B", "Unuiga U10". Slight differences in the hardware is possible so don't just flash any firmware on any device yet..

Comment

Originally posted by xbmk View Post
                          I'm going to tag "MTB028" name as another fork of this hardware, together with

Ditter U16, "Jesurun Mk819", "Reko MK819", "UG008B", "Unuiga U10". Slight differences in the hardware is possible so don't just flash any firmware on any device yet..
                          Be great if everyone who has one of these devices could open them up and list the chips inside.

I have a UG008B from geekbuying, hardware as follows

PCB - HTC T008 ver. 3

Processor - RockChip RK3066
                          Video Output - Rockchip RK1000-s
                          WIFI - MediaTek MT5931SA
                          Bluetooth - MediaTek MT6622N v2.1
                          NIC - SMSC 8720a 10BASE-T
                          Memory - Mira PDJ2108DEBG 256*8 DDR3 ,1333MHz
                          NAND - Hynix H27UCG8T2BTA

Comment

Working...
                          X