Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] MK902 AEO

Hi guys,
    recently i got this box, thanks Daemonium , my previous rk3188 box died on me for that reason here's something fresh for it.

This is rom/kernel are built from the ground up. I picked rockchip KitKat SDK and work it for the mk902 and to my liking. There are still things that i want to do, so expect some updates.

What's inside:
    • OC at 1704, default speed is 1608. For OC to 1704 you have to set it with external app
    • Unified Storage. Data and SDcard share the same partition.
    • TWRP 2.8.6.0
    • Rooted with SuperSU
    • Busybox
    • init.d support
    • nano text editor
    • bash environment
    • a bunch of other stuff

ro.video.use.overlay=0

normal

Installation
    • Download the zip, and extract it.
    • Open RK batch tool, and select the image file.
    • Put the mk902 in bootloader and click upgrade
    • sit back and enjoy

DOWNLOAD

---> MK902 AEO

NOTE
    A word off gratitude to all of my mates that put up with me, my ideas and my rambling.
    Thanks Daemonium, Leolas and Litry.

A huge thanks to Neomode also for his support.
    Last edited by abdul_pt; 07-14-2015, 12:31.
    if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
    then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
    $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

For updates
    if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Hmmm. Interesting.

However, I think you forgot to mention if this is JellyBean, KitKat, or Lollipop.

I am going to guess KitKat since thats where everyone else is at, for this device.
      (But how sweet would it be if this were Lollipop. )

I currently have 2 MK902-RK3188's happily running SMIC's latest and greatest KitKat ROM.
      (But now I'll keep and eye out for your ROMs as well. )

Comment

Yes, my bad.

It's a KitKat Firmware.
        Last edited by abdul_pt; 07-14-2015, 13:26.

Comment

I want to thank you for putting this rom out.

Recently the KODI team has announced that they will no longer work on any custom hardware implementations. Koying is officially on the KODI team so this means SPMC will never receive any new updates.

So I have been desperately searching for a rom that would implement either mediacodec or libstagefright correctly on the MK902 RK3188. There wasn't any. I even tried that Caynogenmod 11 port you posted and KODI was still framey as hell when playing back 1080p content.

But then I tried this rom.

KODI still seemed to be a bit framey when it had to downsample a 1080p video to 720p to work on my smaller TV, but on my bigger living room TV where everything is directly in 1080p the videos were smooth.

I can only assume that you must have done something to either the libstagefright or mediacodec APIs to get that to work. If you did thank you so much since no-one seemed willing to tackle that problem on older hardware.

So this turns out to be my new favorite rom.

P.S.

Now let me do some ranting. Officially abandoning something like SPMC but still leaving the indicators that Rikomagic is officially supported, on their Android Hardware WIKI ( http://kodi.wiki/view/Android_hardware ) is a particularly duchebag move. As a matter of fact, knowing that KODI does NOT run stably on the official Rikomagic roms, but still leaving the YESes in that WIKI, is an out and out lie, and not just an omission because now they officially know about the issue. So KODI is now OFFICIALLY lying about support. I don't think roms like this should count because rikomagic owners had to wait nearly a year and not everyone would know to come to freaktab in the first place. And even though this rom is close, it is still not quite as stable as rklibstagefright is SPMC is. (and It still gets a bit framey when having to downsample). Rant finished.

Comment

I am having one irksome problem with this ROM which SMICs does not seem to do.

When switching HDMI input on the TV (or even using a HDMI switcher box for that matter) the MK902 will literally power down and restart.

I did some web browsing and it looks like this might have something to do with CEC signaling.

In order to get around this I am using a good HDMI to Component converter box which prevents the MK902 from powering down like this.

But there is a small hit in picture quality.

I really would like to figure out how to fix this.

BTW, the TV in question (Westinghouse SK-26H735S) does NOT have any CEC adjustments in its menu.

Comment

Working...
            X