Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a TWRP that will work on brand new OTT MXQ S805 all black box

Hello
    Does anybody have a copy of TWRP that will work on my new OTT MXQ S805 all black box?
    Also how do i install TWRP on my box when i am still on a stock rom?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thankyou
    Ryan

Hi,

Have you had any luck with this? I have been searching also and tried the ones Abdul made in the below thread but so far I have had no luck. I am rooted but may be doing something wrong. I am half way through reading the thread below

Comment

Originally posted by BubbleBalls View Post
      Hi,

Have you had any luck with this? I have been searching also and tried the ones Abdul made in the below thread but so far I have had no luck. I am rooted but may be doing something wrong. I am half way through reading the thread below
      http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...mlogic-devices
      Hello
      I tried the mxq one from the opening post on thread you are reading. It went on ok and i booted into twrp recovery. But when i rebooted my android box the original recovery went back on. so i couldnt be bothered any more after that and gave up.
      Ryan

Comment

Cheers mate. i'll try again so as I couldn't get past the stock bootloader. Might try a different card.

Comment

Originally posted by BubbleBalls View Post
          Cheers mate. i'll try again so as I couldn't get past the stock bootloader. Might try a different card.
          Hello again
          I think i renamed the twrp recovery to 'recovery.img'. I then copied the recovery.img to the boxes internal storage. I then opened terminal emulator on the box and typed 'su' on the first line. On the next line i put 'dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/recovery'.
          I then pressed enter and after a few seconds it completed. Then i booted to recovery and it went straight to TWRP.
          Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by 2010radams

Hello again
            I think i renamed the twrp recovery to 'recovery.img'. I then copied the recovery.img to the boxes internal storage. I then opened terminal emulator on the box and typed 'su' on the first line. On the next line i put 'dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/recovery'.
            I then pressed enter and after a few seconds it completed. Then i booted to recovery and it went straight to TWRP.
            Ryan
            Nice one. I hadn't tried that - was using external card. Will try that later. Likely the same results as you got but curiosity will make me try for myself. Thanks for the advise.

Tapatalker

Comment

Working...
            X