Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pipo M9 RileyROM 1.1 (with Android 4.2.2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Update is loaded, ready to download at the same link below.

On May 6, 2013 Pipo released a firmware update for the Pipo M9.

This release contains Android 4.2.2

I just finished doing a whole complete ROM for this tablet.

Download

It contains:

1. Root
    2. Debloat
    3. Init.d support
    4. Google Play Store fix.
    5. Your choice of user app space.
    6. CWM Recovery (thanks to Fun)

The default is for 2gb app space, but if you want more...go to the RileyROM folder and rename the parameter file to parameter2g...then pick from the other parameter (4g, 6g, or 8g) files and rename that one as the parameter file, then flash.

Thanks to Tattman65 for the boot graphics. Thanks to 900Supersport for the parameter file variety.

You must erase IDB before flashing this new ROM, since everything is different. Just follow the instructions in the readme.txt file.

You have a choice of using CWM Recovery as the default, or you can flash the stock recovery, which is included in the kit. I've tested CWM and it does work...just follow the instructions in the readme.txt file.

If this is the first time you are flashing one of our ROM's, you may encounter some challenges in installing Windows drivers. Please download this First Time User Guide to help you throught he process:

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com
    Donate!!!
    Last edited by rrileypm; 07-13-2013, 21:09.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Just a little update on this ROM, I did some more testing and repacked the kit to include CWM as the default recovery.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Randy
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

hi, i flashed this, when rebooting it just gives error

Unfortunately, Launcher has stopped, i press ok , noting just keeps giving this error ?

any ideas

Thanks

Comment

Hmmm. I may have debloated too much. Tomorrow I'll post an update. Sorry. Try flashing my previous ROM for now.

Randy
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Donate here

Comment

Hi, got another and works now, it was for a mates tablet he got today, i myself have the u30gt2, i flashed someones else's 4.2.2 debloated English for pipo m9 and worked fine , might come back to yours later on

Thanks

Comment

OK, so you say you got it working on a different ROM?

That is great. I tested this on my Cube U30GT2 and my Pipo M8 Pro, but ran into the same problem you had, but I just thought it was an incompatibility issue. It's good to know. I'll work on it some more and test it further on my M8 Pro, although it doesn't have a 4.2.2 kernel yet. Maybe it will work on my Cube with a 4.2.2 kernel.

Stay tuned, folks...I'm not giving up.

Thanks for testing USCOOL!!!!
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              OK, so you say you got it working on a different ROM?

That is great. I tested this on my Cube U30GT2 and my Pipo M8 Pro, but ran into the same problem you had, but I just thought it was an incompatibility issue. It's good to know. I'll work on it some more and test it further on my M8 Pro, although it doesn't have a 4.2.2 kernel yet. Maybe it will work on my Cube with a 4.2.2 kernel.

Stay tuned, folks...I'm not giving up.

Thanks for testing USCOOL!!!!
              Hi, no problem, the pipo m9 was a friends, thought id do him a favour and flash 4.2.2 english one,

i myself own the u30gt2 , i flashed the latest 4.2.2 on it today i noticed videos dont work in full screen in browser just blank and sound playing, as soon get out of full screen it works, tried it on desktop youtube site ,

thanks for your work

Comment

Be looking for an update to that ROM soon. 900Supersport is working on it. Cube just released another 4.2.2 update to hopefully fix that video problem. Are you using v3 or v4? I noticed improvement with v4.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                  Be looking for an update to that ROM soon. 900Supersport is working on it. Cube just released another 4.2.2 update to hopefully fix that video problem. Are you using v3 or v4? I noticed improvement with v4.

It's newer then them dated a new beta released 1505. Got it from another forum

Thanks

Comment

Gotcha.

I know 900Supersport has it. He's celebrating his wife's birthday this weekend.

I'll be working on the Pipo M9 ROM on Saturday. Stay tuned. Thanks again for your help.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

Alright, this puppy is working good now.

I'm running it on my M8 Pro (using the M8 kernel)

Uploading now.

I'll post when complete. Use the same link.

Randy
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Well, it looks like wifi is different between the M9 and the M8pro, so I couldn't test any further on my M8.

Anyway, I did get through to a complete boot. Something I removed during the debloat process caused it to not be able to run the launcher.

There is quite a long initialization process that Pipo runs on the first boot, so let it do it's thing until you get to the home screen. Reboot one more time before installing anything.

Use the same link in post #1 and flash away thanks UScool for testing for me. If you don't mind, please flash this and tell me if everything works, OK.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Pipo has issued a new update to the 4.2.2 firmware today...version #79.

I'm download now, so I should have a new ROM as I get time to complete it. It is taking a really long time to download this time.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Working...
                          X