Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo W3F dual boot issues

Hi All.
    Just got me a Pipo W3F 32gb dual boot tablet and all seemed to work great yesterday...for a few hours.
    Well ..did all windows updates etc , got android working fine .....64gb memory card in side ...and both systems read it ...well windows does but needs formatting for android so was not bother with that as windows would not detect it if i did ...and will be using windows more anyway.

Well after setting it up i did a disk error check on c drive ....windows rebooted and did the scan , said repairing or something like that.
    Well ever since then when i reboot it always does the check / repair again .
    I have managed to disable this thanks to a youtube video telling me to use a cmd prompt and put in some details ...cannot remember what it was now and also they said to do a chkdisk with dirty ? after it or something like that ....and mine came back as DIRTY !!.

I did a refresh of windows but still the same afterwards.

Is this normal with these ssd type memory on these tablets or is there some other way to check and fix this error ?
    Windows ect works fine .

Another issue i have found is with the sd card ...was working fine yesterday , but last night i noticed it was not showing up....but did on android .
    Tried different cards , 2 make noise when inserted , the other doesnt ...but still nothing in My Computer.

I have found that if i reboot , all is well again ...if eject card or a usb stick manually then its fine next time put it in....if i use the disconnect usb icon thing in tray ...then it wont work afterwards.
    In device manager i notice that when this happens the -DISK DRIVE .....Generic SL64GB card ....dissapears and the STORAGE CONTROLLER....SD storage class controller ...has an error in one of these...there are 2 SD storage class controllers.

The USB port seems to work no problem.

Also there is a recovery partition on the hard drive...5 or so GB ....is this to recovery tablet to factory ...if so how do you do that ?
    One last thing ....is it worth doing a complete windows wipe....not a refresh...complete removal of my files etc so back to factory windows. ? will it loose my activation code ?

Any help most appreciated.
    Karl

p.s sorry about all the questions lol

Hi.

"Another issue i have found is with the sd card ...was working fine yesterday , but last night i noticed it was not showing up....but did on android ."

I have the same problem. At the beginings The MicroSd was showing up on windows 8.1 (i think it was Generic SD Card), but after a short while Win doesnt recognize card any more. When I put in the card, there is the sound, that Win has detected new device, but my computer or disk management doesnt show anything.
    Also the Android is detecting card without problem. Maybe it is driver bug in win8. Still havent found a solution.

Did You found any solution?

Comment

Hi guys, i have just registrated to be able to answer to you. I had the very same problem with the sd card, i reinstalled windows, reinstalled the drivers, renamed, deleted, reinstalled and got mad about the whole sd card issue.
      Then yesterday I set the time. Yep, I set the exact time. The problem instantly disappeared. Nearly got mad again. I hope i helped.

Comment

Hi, thanks for your answer, but correct time is not solution, I think it is just coincidence. I have correct time (sync with ntp)

Just figured out and tested workaround for the card problem.

If the SD card is working and you reboot tablet to Android, then reboot it to Windows, - card does not work any more. If you reboot tablet, and boot to windows the card wont work anyway.

FIX* While in Windows, remove SD card, shutdown (reboot wont help), inserd microSD, boot to windows. SD card should work. After reboot card is recognized by win. Once you will boot to Android, the card will go missing once more.

Comment

Working...
        X