Remove windows partition and run only android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove windows partition and run only android

Anyone know how to fully remove the windows partition on one of these dual os boxes / sticks? Ive loaded windows via usb and tried to format from the installation area but it always ends up with a partition for windows that cannot be removed @ around 20gb and size and the android one that also cannot be removed which is about 8gb in size. I want to turn this thing into a full android tv basically since windows doesnt run well enough for me to actually use it.

Should work
    Boot of Windows Usb
    do a custom install when it gets there,

Advance button it will show the delete (X) highlight partition delete one at a time.
    When done deleting

Then exit the custom install X top right
    Then exit the setup that was started X top right

Cheers
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
      Should work
      Boot of Windows Usb
      do a custom install when it gets there,

Advance button it will show the delete (X) highlight partition delete one at a time.
      When done deleting
      Then exit the custom install
      Then exit the setup that was started

Cheers

Thats what im describing as not working, I can delete all partition but im always left with a blank space of 20gb and 8gb no way to combine the two together

Comment

Ok The Version of Android must be for a 8gb set up only

There is a 16gb of the Pipo floating around the Geekbuing Blog.

​May have to get creative as ravideep has done in
        http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ipo-x7s-w8-etc

Create your own size EFI Files, (larger partitions) maybe try the 16gb from GB first see if its works then move from there.

Just thinking if you can make smaller cant see why you cant go larger...not 100%

Cheers
        Last edited by trebor; 07-19-2015, 05:12. Reason: Update
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Ok The Version of Android must be for a 8gb set up only

There is a 16gb of the Pipo floating around the Geekbuing Blog.

​May have to get creative as Guest has done in
          http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ipo-x7s-w8-etc

Create your own size EFI Files, (larger partitions) maybe try the 16gb from GB first see if its works then move from there.

Just thinking if you can make smaller cant see why you cant go larger...not 100%

Cheers
          Yes, the partition file can be bigger also. Let me know how much space u want for android and i will make one for u.

Comment

Mix it up a little 16 ,24 nothing over say 28 as some boxes I note don't have a full 32gb

Can you read available space and create to fit or it does not work like that in this mode.

Cheers
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
              Anyone know how to fully remove the windows partition on one of these dual os boxes / sticks? Ive loaded windows via usb and tried to format from the installation area but it always ends up with a partition for windows that cannot be removed @ around 20gb and size and the android one that also cannot be removed which is about 8gb in size. I want to turn this thing into a full android tv basically since windows doesnt run well enough for me to actually use it.

So you don't want Windows and want to give whole space to android?

Comment

Replace partition.tbl file with this one and you will get whole of your space in android

Here you go https://mega.nz/#!tNUBFBoC!C4Kbno-EL...dgaFuOIvV-KX0w

Comment

Originally posted by ravideep View Post
                  Replace partition.tbl file with this one and you will get whole of your space in android

Here you go https://mega.nz/#!tNUBFBoC!C4Kbno-EL...dgaFuOIvV-KX0w

How / where do i replace this? Also, how would i go about replace the two bioses with one android bios that way I can get rid of the dual os selection screen?

Comment

If you follow http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ipo-x7s-w8-etc
                    It will get you there, when you run wintoand don't move slider across to show GUI and I think you should be fine.
                    Cheers
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

If you follow http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ipo-x7s-w8-etc
                      It will get you there, when you run wintoand don't move slider across to show GUI and I think you should be fine.
                      Cheers

Got ya, technically itll still be dual boot itll just into android by default. On top of that flashing the minix fw doesnt have a switching option so it should be straight android. Thx for the help guys I appreciate it

Comment

Yep you got it.
                        Lets know how it ends up..
                        Cheers
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

You are more than welcome. I hope you got all of your disk space in Android.

Comment

Ran into a problem with this, when trying to install from the Fat 32 USB Drive im getting a E: Installer device ignored. E: Could not open /sys/devices/virtual/backlight - The Bios for my M1 doesnt have the UEFI built in shell option even after copying the EFI folder and shellx64 file or whatever its called. Im only able to get to UEFI shell by pressing Launch EFI shell from filesystem device and thats when I get those errors - I remember my Minix NEO Z64 doing the same thing when switching back to Android from Windows but it something that ended up working after like an hour of sitting there but in this case I let it sit there for over 4 hours with same results.

Comment

Looks like I figured it out, I had go to into the efi folder you guys had linked to and removed the x32 EFI stuff, from there I launched the EFI shell again and got CMD 'Write_OSIP_header', CMD 'Write_OSIP_header' COMPLETE, CMD 'Start_partitioning' CMD 'Start_partitioning' COMPLETE, now its on ERASE Factory... Could not open /sys/devices/virtual/backlight - im gonna let it chill here for a while and see if it does what it needs to.

Comment

Working...
                              X