Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why ZIDOO X1 is different from all of other boxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why ZIDOO X1 is different from all of other boxes?

ZIDOO’s founding team, who have been working on research and development in the media field for nearly 10 years. From the early SIGMA to later REALTEK, we are always in outputting domestic solutions in the early time, and we still maintain a good cooperation relationship and intimate technical relation with many original chips factories. From 2014, we have taken up directly facing the global market. One year later, with the help of our understanding and research to the market, we tried to find a solution with low-cost, to solve the problems of basic media player and daily using. In the end, we selected Allwinner H3 SOC this platform to develop. Why is it? And why we’d like to say ZIDOO X1 is so different?

Why it is Allwinner H3?
    Allwinner H3 is Quad cores A7, 4K /H.265 decoding, 4K output, which is with lower cost. During the communication with ALLWINNER, ALLWINNER is quite willing to cooperate with us to do something different. Someone might say Allwinner has been with a very not good reputation for a long time ago. All I can say, once upon a time, it is no the right person to do right thing on this platform.

First of all, it’s easy to operate:
    As we introduced in the product description, we consulted a lot of product states and studied the user habits of overseas, and runs through the whole development process of X1 with these. So, you will be able to find something interesting with your carefulness: Such as the Navigation BAR that can automatically hide with semi-transparent and does not compress the interface; Such as the multitasking management that can obtain on IR REMOTE with a key, can synchronously support UP button of IR REMOTE and mouse to drag process; Such as the shortcut key feature that’s based entirely on the underlying development; Such as close, standby, restart the menu, and it can also use the IR REMOTE to boot under the shutdown state; Such as the file management that can simultaneously support the IR REMOTE and mouse to operate; Such as the Easy Cast, it can simultaneously support DLNA, Miracast, Airplay, Air mirror.

What great things we have done?
    To operate easily is not enough for us, it must be strong, and much more different. So we spent two months in developing the customized KODI version for H3 SOC, called ZDMC. It’s fully docked at the bottom of the H3 Hardware Decoding API. It’s pretty smooth to play 1080P (MKV, AVI, Blue-ray, m2st, rmvb...), which also has good compatibility and good audio synchronization. Because of the limits of chip specification, the 4K play can support 50Mbps. The ZDMC has the automatic switching function for all the frame rates, including 24Hz, 25Hz,50Hz, 60Hz. You can choose any way that you want to present it (automatic, consult, close). Certainly, it also supports audio pass-through (5.1). Thank you very much our engineers, sometimes they work day and night in order to solve the not smooth problem of an individual source. At the same time, we developed ZDrepo, the cloud services ( www.zdrepo.com), which you can completely define your own private KODI library. You can share yours with all people, if you’re willing to. All of the ZIDOO products can bind to this service. I believe, before this, no one has done that. When it comes to cloud service, I think we did the best OTA upgrade services among the BOX. It’s so easy to use, and is based on a global CDN to build. All of these are independently developed by ZIDOO. Therefore, temporarily you can not expect other H3 products have such a performance.

Is it enough such that?
    You must have seen, our technical staff, who are actively to collect users opinions, to constantly improve the functions , and put it into the future firmwares. So, are you ready to upgrade new firmware every month?

3 Questions:

1. Why does Zidoo allways pick the performance wise weakest SOC ? Ok i get it...its the Cost-Factor but im Sure that RK's Chips or the Amlogic ones are not THAT much more expensive but they pack way more power. The X1 isn't the cheapest box on the market...i bet if you'd picked, lets say the RK3368, and made the box 5-10$ more expensive you still would have sold many more boxes than you will with the crappy Allwinner Chip.

2. Why didn't your glorious Day-And-Night working Engineers test a few input devices like Airmouses, Keyboards ect....all of my devices don't work as they should with the Zidoo X1. Rii Mini Keyboard, Logitech Keyboards and Mice, Tracknet Keyboard/Airmouse, Mele F10 Pro !!! Its like there is some interference. Thats the biggest dissapointment I got with the X1. Plus that everything the box puts out is 720p upscaled.

3. Why do you advertise the box with "up to 1.5Ghz" when it never reaches anything above 1.2 ?!? Its false advertising that could ruin your credibility and image !

Comment

Originally posted by bloodgnome View Post
      3 Questions:

1. Why does Zidoo allways pick the performance wise weakest SOC ? Ok i get it...its the Cost-Factor but im Sure that RK's Chips or the Amlogic ones are not THAT much more expensive but they pack way more power. The X1 isn't the cheapest box on the market...i bet if you'd picked, lets say the RK3368, and made the box 5-10$ more expensive you still would have sold many more boxes than you will with the crappy Allwinner Chip.

2. Why didn't your glorious Day-And-Night working Engineers test a few input devices like Airmouses, Keyboards ect....all of my devices don't work as they should with the Zidoo X1. Rii Mini Keyboard, Logitech Keyboards and Mice, Tracknet Keyboard/Airmouse, Mele F10 Pro !!! Its like there is some interference. Thats the biggest dissapointment I got with the X1. Plus that everything the box puts out is 720p upscaled.

3. Why do you advertise the box with "up to 1.5Ghz" when it never reaches anything above 1.2 ?!? Its false advertising that could ruin your credibility and image !
      We attach most importance to your questions about the AIRMOUS. In fact, during this time, we tested not less than 20 kinds of AIRMOUSE and keyboards, but did not find any problem. I think maybe we had missed something. if you want, would you like provide some more detailed about description,such as the power of your local environment?

If you'd like, there is also 1080p Kernal of X1. However, we adopt the OSD 720p to the official version, after our repeated testing and evaluation. Cuz, 1080p Kernal will make the UI to take up the memory with over 4X. Within the scope of memory with 1GB, we prefer to leave the free memory to the apps that really need.
      In fact, videos are rendered on a different hardware buffer, and both that hardware buffer and the frame buffer are then scaled to whatever HDMI output resolution is set.

Comment

Guest Power of local enviroment ? What Power ? Other TV-Boxes work fine with the Logitech M-Mouse Series, the Rii Mini Keyboard, the Ipazzport i24, the Tracknet Mini Keyboard X or the Mele F10 Pro. Plug in one of the mentioned devices in the Zidoo cursor and buttons become unresponsible or you have to press a key 3422342 times. The Mousepointer moves so slow that the whole usage is forgettable.

Distance is not the problem as it happens even if your right next to the Zidoo X1 (not even half a meter).

Comment

ZDMC does require work as it's not as good as I had hoped and expected.

In terms of
          Zidoo picking the performance wise weakest SOC, as we have seen with the RK3288, whilst it is very powerful, it's potential has still to be realised a year after release.

So it comes down to who can get the best out of a SOC.

Zidoo do have their own support forum and do listen to what people say, so that has to be a bonus over many a vendor out there.

I do agree about advertising it as up to 1.5Ghz when it is just not going to reach above 1.2 because of stability issues. This is where the marketing could affect sales and reputation if people do buy on that premise and then find out that it is not the case.

Time will tell just how much can be squeezed out of the H3.
          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I was a little skeptical of the allwinner cpu, given their ugly history of support, I have boxes out there that I can no longer use. But with the X1, I am more than surprised. The Support by Zidoo has been great. The firmware that they produced, is second to none. They have been quick to respond to our "bugs" with fixes. I am so glad that I plunged to buy 2 to test. I ended up buying 4 more for other family members.

Why is Zidoo different? It is the support that makes a difference. It is the willingness to listen to us on the issues we have and trying to fix it.

Comment

nice info, thanks

Comment

The X1 has been removed from their product list page, so looks like it has been discontinued rather quickly.
                R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Lesson learning avoid Allwinner like a zombie plague.
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I think the web designer just replaced the x1 with the new x6 instead of adding a new picture. We will have to get the zidoo member here for confirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by piggy99 View Post
                      I think the web designer just replaced the x1 with the new x6 instead of adding a new picture. We will have to get the zidoo member here for confirmation.
                      Correct and the X1 is back but otherwise I'm with @scooter2014: Avoid Boxes with Allwinner Chips like Zombie Plague !

I got one of the x1 for free and still...its been a really really dissapointing experience.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodgnome View Post

I got one of the x1 for free and still...its been a really really dissapointing experience.[/B]
                        Ouch!

Comment

Working...
                        X