Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux on X7 mini

Hello,
    what's the status of Linux (Ubuntu, Debian or some other distro) on this device? I'm interested on running Linux on the internal flash.-
    Thanks!

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

Sent from my thl 5000 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the link!

Comment

Can anyone confirm if there is working audio in linux? I see wifi is fixed. If I put linux on X7 I will need to install kodi to use for video on box. How stable is it?

Comment

Who can help with setting up the bootable SD for Linux. I get it to work but the display is set to 1080P mode and I have tried a couple of things by changing /etc/X11/xorg.conf but no luck.

I get either to low graphic resolution or the thing will not boot. Checked syntax but I thought I would edit the xorg.conf and add the following to end of file:

Here is what I added:

Section "Monitor"
          Identifier "Configured Monitor"
          HorizSync 31-65
          VertRefresh 50-120
          EndSection

Section "Screen"
          Identifier "Default Screen"
          Monitor "Configured Monitor"
          Device "mali_drv"
          DefaultDepth 24

SubSection "Display"
          Viewport 0 0
          Depth 24
          Modes "1600x900"
          EndSubSection
          EndSection

I have added 1280x1024, 1024x768 and even 800x600 Modes with No Luck..

Can anyone tell me how I change resolution mode on the bootable SD Linux for the Minix. I can't control the underscan to get all of display on my Proscan 39" TV. Cheap TV does not allow me advanced controls to changed settings. So my only options seems to be to change resolution.

Need help on changing this bootable SD Linux resolution.

Last edited by desktopip; 12-28-2015, 08:01.

Comment

I tried the same changes. THEN I just changed a setting within my tv... Cinema or something like that, made my day.

Comment

But I guess you have tried that. My tv also old and I didn't even know it Had the quick setting. I think with xdfe it was possible.

Comment

I tried Ubuntu on Minix X7 Mini...WiFi doesn't work ...Ethernet works ...Bluetooth doesn't work and no sound...and so far I am not succeeded to install Kodi.
                Try this http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/07/...3188-mini-pcs/
                Good Luck

If someone succeeded to install Kodi ...Please share it. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by richie16171 View Post
                  If someone succeeded to install Kodi ...Please share it. Thank you.
                  You could try: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ckchip-devices
                  That works on my rk3188 mk809iii device, however only ubuntu 14.04 or higher is supported...
                  Support my work to make you a better multimedia experience...
                  And Donate...

Comment

Originally posted by MAC_L1 View Post
                    You could try: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ckchip-devices
                    That works on my rk3188 mk809iii device, however only ubuntu 14.04 or higher is supported...
                    Thank you...This is the stand alone system...do you know how to install Ubuntu 14.04 on SD card not touching the android ?

Comment

Working...
                    X