[ROM] MK808B Plus 111k4 Cleaned up + extras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] MK808B Plus 111k4 Cleaned up + extras

I'm lazy so here are the instructions to flash. Put together by our wonderful friends at GeekBuying.

http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2014/11/24/how-to-flash-stock-firmware-on-mk808b-plus-quad-core-tv-stick/

Reboot to see additional apps after you connect to WIFI the first time.

Very Minor adds
    Bootanimation
    Bootlogo
    RockCandy PS3 controller mapped
    Removed all unnecessary apps etc
    Preloaded SPMC and my update app.
    Petrus Reboot App
    Terminal Emulator
    ES File Explorer

To use and preload SPMC from internet

First open ES File Explorer and scroll down and click root explorer
    Mount R/W
    Mount root and system RW
    Run Update app with android logo. It pulls config from internet and preloads SPMC.
    Depending on connection it can take up to 10 min on slow connection.
    Bar at top should go away after a few seconds.
    When you see 2 completes it is done.
    Start SPMC
    There is also a refresh app
    If spmc acts stupid run refresh and it will restore without pulling from internet.
    Once complete will show it is complete.

If you don't like uninstall additional apps. It wont reinstall after reboot.

Download

I did very little testing. Let me know if I broke something.
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

I see it download several times. Feedback is appreciated.
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

FYI I see lots of people downloading. Live TV has broke since I published this build but is fixed on paid version. I keep the paid version continually updated. I don't plan on updating this any more except to add or remove features so you can see it in action working. This is same update as NOOB rom except newer base.

Comment

Paid rom? Gtfo of here dude. You go against everything the android/rom community stands for.

Comment

Originally posted by I_am_rushin View Post
          Paid rom? Gtfo of here dude. You go against everything the android/rom community stands for.
          I don't think so. I clearly don't charge for a rom as it is posted above. I offer a service. There are a lot more people that don't want to mess with this stuff and just want things to work. More people out there that just want it to work then there are that like playing with these things. I offer a service to keep them up and running. If something breaks i fix it, post an update, and repeat. I also provide an email address and phone number to call in case they break something. I test peripherals out and provide suggestions from the experience I have. I am not making a lot. Just enough to help my android habit (and justify the time to my wife). A lot of people find a value in this.

Best thing i believe i contributed is a windows app to patch img's. It was made to patch rk3066 kernels to 1080 but adapted to 3188. But you can patch anything with it.

I also did a lot with the 3066's after the rest moved on. I still get requests today from my google drive account. I had to move to another hosting because google cut me off. My cleaned up roms have been installed thousands of times. I am by no means as good as the guys that work from source. But not everyone has to.

One of many threads.

Comment

It stuck to 3%. My device: MK808b plus with AP6210 Wi-Fi chipset

EDIT: The reason is that must uncheck "Erase Bootloader" from USB Burning Tool. Everything it's ok now
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
            Last edited by GR_Macedon; 07-29-2015, 18:44.

Comment

I have been using WeTek C12 ROM (Tronsmart MK808b Plus with AP6210 wifi chipset) for last few weeks. Though, it's a great ROM, felt it 's becoming somewhat sluggish in the last week or so. That's when I saw your work, just out of curiosity tried it out this morning. All essential functions of my TV stick are working correctly with it (WiFi, BlueTooth, generic USB Ethernet adapter) besides your OS seems to be bit more responsive, snappier than the other ones i have tried (definitely much better than the stock ROM 111k4, i used in the beginning) so far.

Thank you so much for your effort and time in making this ROM and sharing it to the community.

(Now, thinking of checking out ROM from droid tv)

Device: Tronsmart MK808B Plus (AP6210 WiFi Chipset)
              SD Card - Ubuntumate 15.04

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
                FYI I see lots of people downloading. Live TV has broke since I published this build but is fixed on paid version. I keep the paid version continually updated. I don't plan on updating this any more except to add or remove features so you can see it in action working. This is same update as NOOB rom except newer base.
                So far the non paid version Rom works better than the MK808b plus 111k4 stock rom.
                Kodi video jumped intermittent, to fast forward, and changed fast forward speed by it selves.
                The SPMC version in your rom works much better and without interruption ( thank you for the good work)
                Could you let us know Where we can find the paid version?

Comment

Androidboxassistance.com I would generate a coupon code then send me your device then I would send back. You have the device so not full price.

Comment

You know what. Check out the beast by joenobody010101 on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
                      You know what. Check out the beast by joenobody010101 on youtube
                      Again after some additional investigation your ROM is the best for my MK808B plus (stock rom111k4 , Chipset Ap6212 ).
                      http://www.mediafire.com/download/z6...s111k4Clean.7z

I tried other rom's
                      1) sometimes WIFI did not work and
                      2) KODI video was next to impossible to use.( skipping into unsolicited fast forward mode at various forward mode speeds ).

I do like to know if others experienced this annoying problem.

From your 2 last posts, I am not sure, what you want me to do.
                      I checked " joenobody010101" and it has a lot of information but I was unable to find the "paid for" version of your great ROM.
                      Please advise

Comment

I don't know if I would qualify it as great rom. Just for the fact you are able to flash an image kind of makes paying not worth it. My clients have very little technical experience or just don't want to spend the time. If you are still interested pm me. You can take the spmc from mine and copy to SD and load in any rom. I just found it worked the best for me. Also I would flash 109k4 then use the update i have posted to allow newer sticks to work. Or else you will have a weird stretched aspect ratio.

Comment

Working...
                        X