Help with re install of android 4.4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with re install of android 4.4.2

I know that someone has likely seen and fixed a problem like this!
    I did a factory Reset and cache clear on My MX3 2/8 and now when I boot it up all I get is the Mbox Screen and no more!
    If I do the Toothpick Re flash try I get the Boot choice menu of Update from Ex or etc but none of it works!
    How can I get the original file back on this Box? it has build KOT49H20150516
    Or is this Box now Bricked?

Sounds like you might be trying to install an older Ex: 110k4 Update over say what was a 115k4 install.... AFAICR, this kind of updating usually ends up very poorly in fact if you try to use the standard 3e Recovery, and read the actual on-screen log(s), nearly the last complainant registered is that your trying to install an, older version, on top of the current one. Assuming for the moment... That, this sounds at least a bit familiar. Then the only way back would be though the Amlogic - USB Burning Tool, and the correct *.img File of your choice.

Otherwise a simple Factory Reset & Cache Wipe shouldn't have caused this kind of heartburn.

P.s. On the note above... You may wish to replace the stock 3e recovery with TWRP, and, re-try flashing whatever it was that you were attempting to do from with-in 3e. IIRC, this should prevent the installer from locking down, on the grounds that whatever your installing is not greater or equal too, what was there before. But, you should know if what your attempting to flash is safe for your Device or not. In this modern era of AiO Firmwares... Its not as critical as it had been only a short while ago. The fact that you have a 2G/8G also helps minimize a lot of this risk, since that was mostly all on the less commonly supported 1G/8G side.

Comment

Actually I never tried to flash anything yet!!! I just reset and cleared the cache and what I have now is the Mbox Logo!!
      If I try to flash I get the Unusual screen but no access to the sdcard or the USB!
      I assume it is because the root is locked.....so next I will try the TWRP....I would love to get the Original file but no luck so far!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kezz View Post
        Actually I never tried to flash anything yet!!! I just reset and cleared the cache and what I have now is the Mbox Logo!!
        If I try to flash I get the Unusual screen but no access to the sdcard or the USB!
        I assume it is because the root is locked.....so next I will try the TWRP....I would love to get the Original file but no luck so far!!!
        Are you in the US by chance?! I' can't say for sure... But, there have been issues with the Power Supply before that have cause the "Device" to behave in this way...
        If you can, you should try swapping out the current Power Supply for a different One, and see if it then operates normally again.

Comment

Make a bootable sdcard, works everytimw I have a problem with mine. Just flash 115k4 and everything should be fine

Comment

Working...
          X