Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant seem to get usb burning tool to detect device when used on windows 8

Hello
    I have installed usb burning tool on windows 8 ok. However, when i connect my ott mxq s805 with usb cable and the reset button pressed in nothing happens? The usb tool doesnt show the device connected? Nothing happens? i have connected my usb cable to usb1 and it gives the box power but thats it. Does anybody have it working on windows 8? Does anybody have any advice?
    Thanks
    Ryan

Just wondering.. in your previous post you stated having the All black mxq.. (you tried,mediamans v2 fw, the root.zip)
    does your unit have a otg port?
    Did you check if usb debugging is enabled under developer options tab?
    Are you stuck into twrp? As i see you installed it
    Pls, state your device info and state and goal

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
      Just wondering.. in your previous post you stated having the All black mxq.. (you tried,mediamans v2 fw, the root.zip)
      does your unit have a otg port?
      Did you check if usb debugging is enabled under developer options tab?
      Are you stuck into twrp? As i see you installed it
      Pls, state your device info and state and goal
      Hello
      Thanks for responding. There isnt actually anything wrong with my box at the moment, i was just seeing if i would be able to get it to work if i encountered any problems in the future. Thanks for the tip about the usb debugging. Do i have to have it enabled? I would guess 'yes' and thats why you mentioned it. I dont actually have twrp installed at the moment and yes i am using mediamans v2 rom at the moment. Its just with me playing about with different roms i like to know that i could get this usb burning tool to work just incase i brick my box in the future(i dont want to brick my box then connect it to my laptop and find i cant use the usb tool to recover my box). My box is OTT MXQ S805 and when it came it had firmware 20150523 installed(i cant find a downloadable copy anywhere). i dont know if my box has otg port? My box has 4 usb ports. I read somewhere that if i have a usb port which when connected by usb cable to an external source(laptop) and is powered by that source, then this is the port i use to try and get the usb burning tool working? Dont know if this is correct though. I'll try now with usb debugging switched on.
      Thanks
      Ryan

Edit- I got it to work. I tried usb port 4(this must be OTG) and it eventually worked. Thanks for your help. Now i can play more without the worry of not being able to use the usb burning tool.
      Last edited by 2010radams; 07-26-2015, 16:34.

Comment

Working...
      X