Unroot MXIII 2Gb ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unroot MXIII 2Gb ?

I have an app from Canal Digital that will not run on my MXIII because it is rooted?

Is there a way to unroot the box?

My guess is it won't help much... But some advice here would be to make sure that,
    Code:
    media.amplayer.widevineenable=
    is set to true... This should enable the basic Widevine DRM'gt Software on the Box. Its NOT a panacea, but it might help.

If it doesn't you can unroot by going to the SuperSU App, and follow the options in there to unroot the Device. But, again... I doubt very much that this is in fact your problem though.

Comment

Look up root cloak.
      Tbh I don't think it will make a difference, it will not recognise the rom anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post
        My guess is it won't help much... But some advice here would be to make sure that,
        Code:
        media.amplayer.widevineenable=
        is set to true... This should enable the basic Widevine DRM'gt Software on the Box. Its NOT a panacea, but it might help.

If it doesn't you can unroot by going to the SuperSU App, and follow the options in there to unroot the Device. But, again... I doubt very much that this is in fact your problem though.
        Is it in the build Prob I have to check?

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post

Is it in the build Prob I have to check?
          Yes you will find the media.amplayer.widevineenable= ... statement inside your build.prop @ /system/build.prop

Here's a rough HOWTO to help you...

1) Visit the Play Store, and search for Rooted SSH/SFTP Deamon.. And then set this up with a better Password then 123abc... Leave the User as: root.

Windows PC Side

2a) Download Putty: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~s.../download.html
          You'll need this to connect to your Device in SSH Telnet shell. It will ask you to input your user. (i.e. root), and your password.
          At the prompt you will enter the following.... AFTER THE DOLLAR SIGN!
          Code:
           $ mount -o remount,rw /system
          <- this will then give the temp permission needed to write your changes to the /system Partition.

2b) You'll also need to download WinSCP: https://winscp.net/eng/download.php this will act as a FTP / Explorer Window. It'll be in this Program where you'll eventually navigate your way from .. (i.e. the root directory) to ../system/<build.prop>

2c) I could only highly recommend you to use Notepad++ https://notepad-plus-plus.org/
          As your editor, if you haven't already installed it for another project, while its hardly mandatory its a damed sight better then both Notepad (USELESS), or Wordpad. (only slightly less useless), when it comes to editing non-microsoft Note/word Pad Files.

Essentially you turn on your Device, head into your App Tray / Folder (Whatever!), and. locate the Rooted SSH/SFTP App, and start this... It should report the IP Address of the Box back to you...

When you go to set up Putty use root@<IP ADDRESS>, to bypass the user log-in step. You'll only need to enter the Password then.
          Change the Read & Write Permission as I stated above, then minimize the Window. (DON'T CLOSE IT YET!)

Open WinSCP.. Again set it up as root@<IP ADDRESS> and if you choose to you can also save your Password there too.
          Otherwise click on root, then system... And build.prop should appear on the bottom of the larger right window. right click on this to bring up the options to edit this, with Notepad++

Inside Notepad++ the quickest way to find it, would be to press CTRL+F, and enter "wide", as your search param.
          After you've made your changes, hit the Disk icon in the Toolbar to save, and exit WinSCP.

Then go back to Putty, and give it the following command: $ reboot.
          This should cause the Device to reboot (DUH!)... Since the Shell is now dead... you can close it now.

If you done this correctly, Google Play Movies AT LEAST should work... I've seen some other People state that this has helped with getting the BBC iPlayer to work for them as well.
          But, if your "App" doesn't use Widevine DRM to begin with... And I gather not everyone does!, then you may well still be as they say SOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post

Yes you will find the media.amplayer.widevineenable= ... statement inside your build.prop @ /system/build.prop

Here's a rough HOWTO to help you...

1) Visit the Play Store, and search for Rooted SSH/SFTP Deamon.. And then set this up with a better Password then 123abc... Leave the User as: root.

Windows PC Side

2a) Download Putty: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~s.../download.html
            You'll need this to connect to your Device in SSH Telnet shell. It will ask you to input your user. (i.e. root), and your password.
            At the prompt you will enter the following.... AFTER THE DOLLAR SIGN!
            Code:
             $ mount -o remount,rw /system
            <- this will then give the temp permission needed to write your changes to the /system Partition.

2b) You'll also need to download WinSCP: https://winscp.net/eng/download.php this will act as a FTP / Explorer Window. It'll be in this Program where you'll eventually navigate your way from .. (i.e. the root directory) to ../system/<build.prop>

2c) I could only highly recommend you to use Notepad++ https://notepad-plus-plus.org/
            As your editor, if you haven't already installed it for another project, while its hardly mandatory its a damed sight better then both Notepad (USELESS), or Wordpad. (only slightly less useless), when it comes to editing non-microsoft Note/word Pad Files.

Essentially you turn on your Device, head into your App Tray / Folder (Whatever!), and. locate the Rooted SSH/SFTP App, and start this... It should report the IP Address of the Box back to you...

When you go to set up Putty use root@<IP ADDRESS>, to bypass the user log-in step. You'll only need to enter the Password then.
            Change the Read & Write Permission as I stated above, then minimize the Window. (DON'T CLOSE IT YET!)

Open WinSCP.. Again set it up as root@<IP ADDRESS> and if you choose to you can also save your Password there too.
            Otherwise click on root, then system... And build.prop should appear on the bottom of the larger right window. right click on this to bring up the options to edit this, with Notepad++

Inside Notepad++ the quickest way to find it, would be to press CTRL+F, and enter &quot;wide&quot;, as your search param.
            After you've made your changes, hit the Disk icon in the Toolbar to save, and exit WinSCP.

Then go back to Putty, and give it the following command: $ reboot.
            This should cause the Device to reboot (DUH!)... Since the Shell is now dead... you can close it now.

If you done this correctly, Google Play Movies AT LEAST should work... I've seen some other People state that this has helped with getting the BBC iPlayer to work for them as well.
            But, if your &quot;App&quot; doesn't use Widevine DRM to begin with... And I gather not everyone does!, then you may well still be as they say SOL!
            The app will still not run. I did not try to unroot yet i tried on the 112k4 firmware with no luck, but i am now on the 115k4 firmware.

Comment

Working...
            X