Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried a USB Webcam with MK808b Plus for Video calling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried a USB Webcam with MK808b Plus for Video calling?

Searching thruogh the web (freaktab in particular) i found Logitech C170, C310, and C525 seems to have worked in some capacity (mostly broken, though) for some with the previous versions of MK808 sticks. What i understood from going through whatever little info available on this topic was using a powered USB hub or connecting the Webcam on OTG cable port seems to have worked for few with the older devices.

BTW, I am awaiting delivery of my Logitech C310. It would be great if I could connect this to my MK808b plus (Tronsmart with WeTek's CM12 Rom, in my case) and make video calling (using skype/hangout).

It would be nice to know from if there are people who had already tried this in their Mk808b Plus device (regardless of its success or failure).

So, kindly share your experience/opinion/suggestion on this.

TIA
    Device: Tronsmart MK808B Plus (AP6210 WiFi Chipset)
    SD Card - Ubuntumate 15.04

Yes it works with most webcams.
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
      Yes it works with most webcams.
      Thanks for the headsup, mate!

I am still awaiting for the delivery of my Logitech C310, will sure check it out once I get it

Comment

My Logitech c270 works with all my android devices
        Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Just got my Logitech C310 HD and my TV stick immediately picked up the camera feed. I can confirm that latest Skype working perfectly with this camera on my TV stick. Both Video/Audio feeds are working correctly

Now, I need to find a way to use some bluetooth adapter piece or some device that could avoid the echo originating from TV speakers which is being picked up Logitech C310 microphone while chatting.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
            My Logitech c270 works with all my android devices

Great to know that.

BTW, I am using mine on USB OTG port of Tronsmart MK808b Plus.

Comment

Originally posted by mebaali View Post

Great to know that.

BTW, I am using mine on USB OTG port of Tronsmart MK808b Plus.
              I tried many webcams and they work but with a lot of lagging, I am amazed that you are saying that it works perfectly. I have same setup as you ( Tronsmart MK808B Plus (AP6210 WiFi Chipset) + CM12 WeTek Gift)

Logcat shows a lot of this error:
              09-30 04:41:40.174 177-2226/? I/EmulatedCamera3_Sensor﹕ alan- 2042 captureNV21 - Decode MJPEG frame failed
              09-30 04:41:40.241 177-2226/? I/EmulatedCamera3_Sensor﹕ alan- 2042 captureNV21 - Decode MJPEG frame failed
              09-30 04:41:40.313 177-2226/? I/EmulatedCamera3_Sensor﹕ alan- 2042 captureNV21 - Decode MJPEG frame failed
              09-30 04:41:40.386 177-2226/? I/EmulatedCamera3_Sensor﹕ alan- 2042 captureNV21 - Decode MJPEG frame failed
              09-30 04:41:40.454 177-2226/? I/EmulatedCamera3_Sensor﹕ alan- 2042 captureNV21 - Decode MJPEG frame failed

Comment

Has anyone tried a webcam using Ubuntu on the MK808b Plus? It will probably work best on there. I don't have a webcam to test.

Comment

Thanks guys, just what I was looking for

Comment

kokonuts - At the time of starting this thread, i had wetek cm12 rom but since then i have changed to DroidTv's version of Finless rom 1.1. So, i haven't tested my webcam on cm12. In my current rom, c310 is working perfectly as a skype cam as well as a standalone camera. BTW, it works even when used in conjunction with a usb extender (with or without dedicated power supply) not just OTG port as i had mentioned earlier.
                    Last edited by mebaali; 10-01-2015, 17:39.

Comment

Posting here so the info is available to the next guy that searches..lol

I'm using a 3 year old Microsoft lifecam cinema with hangouts.worked just fine, PnP style.

Comment

Working...
                      X