Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rom filling up on Android Beelink i828

Hi Folks,

I am in desperate need for an answer today. I've been loading Kodi Isengard 15 stable on Beelink i828 boxes. Everything seems fine until the temp files start loading up with filecache000.cache files. It doesn't seem to take long to completely fill up the memory (5GB) and freeze out everything else.

Every box has been the same, some with just a few cache files and others with over 30 cache files.

I haven't noticed this on other brands of TV Box devices. Is it possible that the Beelink i828 isn't compatible with some portions of Kodi?

What do I have to do to stop Kodi from storing these cache files??? Is there a setting in Kodi, or a switch?

Thanks so much in advance.

HDChaz

Originally posted by charleswsheets View Post
    Hi Folks,

I am in desperate need for an answer today. I've been loading Kodi Isengard 15 stable on Beelink i828 boxes. Everything seems fine until the temp files start loading up with filecache000.cache files. It doesn't seem to take long to completely fill up the memory (5GB) and freeze out everything else.

Every box has been the same, some with just a few cache files and others with over 30 cache files.

I haven't noticed this on other brands of TV Box devices. Is it possible that the Beelink i828 isn't compatible with some portions of Kodi?

What do I have to do to stop Kodi from storing these cache files??? Is there a setting in Kodi, or a switch?

Thanks so much in advance.

HDChaz
    Use an advancedsettings.xml file to cache to RAM.
    Look in Kodi wiki pages how to set it up.

Comment

The answer to this problem is to completely delete the advancedsettings.xml file. It is hidden in /sdcard/Andriod/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata

Delete this file and the filecache00*.cache files in /sdcars/andriod/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp

You will have no more memory problems.

Comment

Working...
      X