Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MX III G, 2gb ram s812 Vs. Minix x8-h s802

Hello everyone, i need a little council

I've been using the x8-h and enjoying it and i just received the MX III G, which is s812, gigabit ethernet....

I thought to switch to the MX III G permanently, instead of the Minix but then i noticed the gamepad mapping when playing Mame emulator games, such as Outrun, the Insert coin button and Start button are not mapped and i have to use the mouse for them. So the Minix has that better, out of the box....

Please share your 5 cents with me.... ho Mighty @Finless

Thanks!

Last edited by zeevg; 08-07-2015, 08:35.

I also have an s802 and an s812 but to be honest, they are functionally the same for me at this point. I think the only time that you will be glad to have gone to s812 is when 'good' lollipop roms come out and s802 is left behind (kinda already starting to happen).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rapalax View Post
      I also have an s802 and an s812 but to be honest, they are functionally the same for me at this point. I think the only time that you will be glad to have gone to s812 is when 'good' lollipop roms come out and s802 is left behind (kinda already starting to happen).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
      The lollipop ROMs, in fact all ROMs, seem to run on s802 and s812. So s802 is unlikely to get left behind. Until s912...

Comment

The s812 feels faster than the s802 when going through Kodi screens , which shouldn't be a surprise, but i wonder if the viewing quality is the same...

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Comment

AFAIK The only thing to look out for One is the "-H" <- THIS MEANS IT CAN DO HARDWARE HEVC h.665 <720p Without that -"H" it can only do h.265 up to >720p IN SOFTWARE!
          As for Lollipop ROMs, my guess is those with a stock MXIII will get left behind, and in fact have already been left behind ~ca 113k4. Really at this point I'd be demanding Marshmallow (Android "M"), at this point. Lollipop is not only a lost cause. But, becoming a joke now.

Comment

I have a s82-h and a s82plus, and I can tell you for sure that the only difference in the s82 and an s82-h is that the s82-h can decode 5.1 audio with hardware. This is actually useless for apps that have passthrough like kodi, but could allow other android apps to leverage it. Personally, I have yet to see any practical benefits from my -h.

Comment

Buongiorno a tutti, sono appena iscritto e non molto pratico, vivo in Italia ho da poco acquistato da Amazon un MXIII con Build number 112k4 vorrei poterlo aggiornare all'ultima release ma non so come fare e dove fare il download, potete suggerirmi come fare? Grazie

Comment

Originally posted by rapalax View Post
                I have a s82-h and a s82plus, and I can tell you for sure that the only difference in the s82 and an s82-h is that the s82-h can decode 5.1 audio with hardware. This is actually useless for apps that have passthrough like kodi, but could allow other android apps to leverage it. Personally, I have yet to see any practical benefits from my -h.
                "-H" really only comes into its own with HEVC h2.65 in UDH >2160p. Which the Minix neo x8-h Plus should be able to do IN HARDWARE! The older MXIII (non-plus) also made mention of decoding HEVC h.264 but, those claims are / were pure BS! since the MXIII could only do HVEC h2.64 at less then 720p MAX, and IN SOFTWARE ONLY!

The "plus" is just a 10/100/1000 i.e. GigE Ehthernet Port.

So with out a UHD TV, and UHD Materials I guess the "-H" would seem kinda useless....

By the way I don't follow you on the Hardware Decoding... of DD/DTS since otherplayetrs like the stock 4k player seems to have had no problems throwing a RAW signal via Tosslink to my Decoder.. Though I can't speak to MX PLayer.. I think VLC was able to do the same, when setup. Though my primary use here would be Kodi. Which can be told to passthough such signals.

Comment

Working...
                X