CWM error can't mount /external_sd when attempting to restore a backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWM error can't mount /external_sd when attempting to restore a backup

I've been happily flashing, backing up and restoring ROM's stored on my external SD card for days now but I have come to restore one again and receive the error 'error can't mount /external_sd' when I try.

If I attempt to mount it, it says that it can't be mounted.

I first used File System Checker to check the card and that showed no issues.
    Then I formatted it within the TV stick and tried a restore again with the same issue.
    I then carried out a full format (FAT32) in my PC and that revealed no errors but the issue remained.
    Ran chkdsk /f and that showed no issues.

I have ensured that I am using the correct CWM for my MK809 ii and flashed recovery again just to be sure.

Googled around but have not found anything that seems to indicate what the issue is.

I can restore from the internals SD, so for now I have to copy the backup there.

I can't baclup to the external card either but have no issues in copying it from the internal to external.

I'm stumped.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Re: CWM error can't mount /external_sd when attempting to restore a backup

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
    I've been happily flashing, backing up and restoring ROM's stored on my external SD card for days now but I have come to restore one again and receive the error 'error can't mount /external_sd' when I try.

If I attempt to mount it, it says that it can't be mounted.

I first used File System Checker to check the card and that showed no issues.
    Then I formatted it within the TV stick and tried a restore again with the same issue.
    I then carried out a full format (FAT32) in my PC and that revealed no errors but the issue remained.
    Ran chkdsk /f and that showed no issues.

I have ensured that I am using the correct CWM for my MK809 ii and flashed recovery again just to be sure.

Googled around but have not found anything that seems to indicate what the issue is.

I can restore from the internals SD, so for now I have to copy the backup there.

I can't baclup to the external card either but have no issues in copying it from the internal to external.

I'm stumped.
    And in android system th sdcatd works fine?
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Yes it works perfectly.

I can read and write without issue.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Working...
      X