Beelink MXQ S85 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beelink MXQ S85 questions

I bought an S85 (red stripe MXQ with power button on top), and really like it, but I have a couple of quick questions:

1) Can the box be powered via USB? I see the power supply for the unit requires 5v/2a, and the similar chipset stick versions (MK808, etc) are powered by simple USB ports. I'm planning on taking this with me for a trip and would like to know if I can easily power it without the brick AC adapter.

2) Does anyone else have a problem with the stock rom messing up netflix? It keeps trying to "update" itself (even though I installed the lastest version), and breaks itself in the process. I tried deleting it even, and it just goes back to reinstalling itself on the next boot! Super annoying and strange (sorry, I posted about this elsewhere in the forum, but I realize now you guys here would probably know more about it).

3) What is the OTG port used for? Is it just for flashing roms and updates like that?

Otg port.. is a low powered USB port.. handy for / usbdac / Logitech unity dongles / USB2sdcard adapter
    -if you connect these to normal USB port the might get hot..

Does the netfix update also occurs when beeing offline?.. if not..could you check "data usage" and see what's downloading the update?
    Just thinking..
    Have tried using a root tool.. to uninstall the preinstalled app?
    What firmware are you using?

Goodluck

Comment

I'm not sure if I'm checking it right, but I just turned it on after deleting Netflix last time it was on. I see it says downloading Netflix, installing, on the top status bar.
      Then it says "2 apps updated - Perk TV and Netflix" and Google Play under it (I installed Perk TV yesterday). I long-press on that, it says "app info". I click, and it shows me the process info for Google Play Store. This is super weird! Why the play store be auto-installing netflix after I delete it? And why does it keep breaking?! Right now, whatever version got installed works just fine. But I can't delete it (it will come right back next time), and if I leave it on, eventually it will try to "reinstall" itself and break again.

Firmware is 110k4.

Comment

Originally posted by dishe View Post
        I'm not sure if I'm checking it right, but I just turned it on after deleting Netflix last time it was on. I see it says downloading Netflix, installing, on the top status bar.
        Then it says "2 apps updated - Perk TV and Netflix" and Google Play under it (I installed Perk TV yesterday). I long-press on that, it says "app info". I click, and it shows me the process info for Google Play Store. This is super weird! Why the play store be auto-installing netflix after I delete it? And why does it keep breaking?! Right now, whatever version got installed works just fine. But I can't delete it (it will come right back next time), and if I leave it on, eventually it will try to "reinstall" itself and break again.

Firmware is 110k4.

Oh, and I assume that the only way to power the device is using the little round DC plug (not USB) right? Maybe I can find a USB to DC plug adapter that fits?

Comment

Working...
        X