Pipo M8 Pro...my new favorite!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M8 Pro...my new favorite!!!!!!

From time to time I comment on pro's or con's I encounter with some of the devices I have a chance to play with.

Let me tell you about a tablet I just received from Geekbuying that I would highly recommend. The Pipo M8 Pro. It is my new favorite.

This is an Rk3188 tablet with a 9.4" LG screen. It isn't the brightest screen I've seen, but it is definitely the sharpest smoothest display available with absolutely no flaws. I was skeptical about ordering such an unusual screen size...but I've found that Android apps are more compatible than with a 9.7" iPad size screen. It is more like a 10.1" format...just a bit taller. Video playback is mostly smooth..I had one mp4 file that was a little choppy, but it must have been encoded more for PC playback.

The touch screen is very responsive...no ghost touches...even when plugged in to the charger.

The build quality is solid. It resembles a wedge. A bit wider along the top...but very thin at the bottom. Most of the connections are along the top except for the earphone plug at the top left side. The small round power button is located at the top right corner on the side. Pipo appears to have put some real work into this design.

Sound quality is excellent. In fact, on all of my other tablets (Pipo M5, Cube U30GT2, Yuandao N101, Yuandao N90S, and Arnova 10G2 and 10BG3...oh and I admit to owning an iPad 2) I run the volume at 100% just to barely hear. With this tablet, I had to turn it down a bit. It has stereo speakers pointed directly at you on either side of the screen. No more need for Speaker Boost.

Battery life is exceptional. After putting a full charge I left it on overnight for 8 hours on standby and still had about 90%. Using it off and on throughout the day brought it down to about 80%.

I also have to say that wifi range is also very good in comparison to the other tablets in my cache.

If you are looking for an RK3188 tablet you really should consider a Pipo M8 Pro.

Last week I posted a custom ROM for this device. I flashed it the minute I unboxed it and everything works great. I do need to update the bootanimation a little because i gave Tattman65 the wrong resolution...but it really isn't that bad.

I'm hoping that Pipo will update to a 4.2.2 firmware soon. I really like the new Android version on my Cube. Pipo has released 4.2.2 on their M1 Max...so hopefully it will drift to their RK3188 tablets soon.

I am still doing more testing...but I just had to share this great find out of China...to my friends here at Freaktab.

Sent from my M8 pro
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

thanks for the review, randy.
    Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Nice device, Randy.
      Lets check the prices.

JDfense

Comment

Working...
      X