Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rikomagic MK802IV / RKM MK802IV Quad Core RK3188 TV Stick/Mini PC Review from Geekbuying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rikomagic MK802IV / RKM MK802IV Quad Core RK3188 TV Stick/Mini PC Review from Geekbuying

ok, guys, Again, Geekbuying get the first Rikomagic MK802IV sample, and give you guys the first review. Hope you like it!
    Rikomagic MK802IV( or called RKM MK802IV) is the newest products from Rikomagic company, as we all know, the Rikomagic is famous in their tv stick, such as the first mk802, and then they release the mk802 ii ,mk802 iii, and the hot selling rikomagic MK802IIIS.
    Today the newest MK802IV use the powerful rockchip RK3188 quad core CPU,and Mali-400 mp4 GPU. 2GB RAM and 8GB Storage, Build in WIFI/Bluetooth. Ship with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS now, but will upgrade to Android 4.2 soon.
    Ok, let’s first check the package for Rikomagic MK802IV:

The accessories include: charger, hdmi cable, english user manual; micro usd to usb adapter;

Rikomagic MK802IV comes with male HDMI port, one USB 2.0 port, two micro usb port, and one micro sd card slot. also you can find a recovery button hide in it, with this recovery button, you can flash the firmware easily; so from the appearance, we can say, there is no much change compare with the Rikomagic MK802IIIS. We take a unboxing video ,you can check here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrCvOJXr_Lg
    Now let’s check the system performance:
    1 Menu

Like what i said, The Rikomagic MK802IV will come with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean now, and you can see, rikomagic add the soft power off, and hide status tool bar function in this ROM, very nice.
    2 WIFI/BLUETOOTH

Rikomagic MK802IV build in wifi and bluetooth, wifi model is realtek 8189, bluetooth model is rda5876a, which is the same as iMito QX1 and QC802 we have reviewed. with this wifi chipset, our max wireless speed can reach 150MBPS;
    3 Ethernet
    We know this Rikomagic MK802IV don’t come with Ethernet port, so you have to use a USB TO Ethernet adapter to make the Ethernet working.

4 HDMI Resolution

Like other quad core tv stick, the Rikomagic MK802IV still don’t come with the real 1080P output, still scale up from 720p. but a 1080P kernel or a 1080p custom rom will come in future for sure to support the real 1080p output.
    5 Storage

I should give Rikomagic a big plus in this, they give 2GB Internal Storage for this mk802iv, while other mini pc just leave 1GB, that is good!
    6 System setting:

7 Google Play Store is still built in,i upgrade play store to the lastest version when i do this review:

8 Droidmote :

After root the Rikomagic MK802IV, you can install the Droidmote app from play store, and enjoy the smartphone control on this device, it’s really cool.
    9 Benchamark:
    Antutu Benchmark on Rikomagic aliexpress store is 15000+, however, when i test, the real score is aroud 14000+, I notice some customer ask in the Tronsmart MK908 or Tronsmart T428, said the antutu crash when do the benchmark, that is because the power charger, you must use the 5V/2A power charger, if lower than this, antutu will crash.
    Nenamark Benchmark result:

Vellamo:

10 Netflix

Just tried Netlifx app on MK802IV, working great ( I really spent lots of time in learning how to visit netflix in china,but i love to test this for you guys, because it is important for you!!!)
    In the end, we take a video for you guys to show the perfoamance:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoe8HU08jzo
    Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Looks, very good. I will get me one to make my Custom Rom for this new Device like my
    Custom ROMs for the MK802IIIS.

Neomode

Comment

wifi range

I was wondering what are the wifi range on these devices because some of them are coming out with external attenas.. I have the imito mx2 and have no problems with wifi range because the router is in my room but I hear that you basically have no signal to the mx2 after like 15feet or say if the device is downstairs and your router is upstairs..any test for this?

This looks like one of the better devices for the quad cores but I'd really like to know the wifi range on the new devices coming out

Comment

Rikomagic new remote MK702II ?

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
        ok, guys, Again, Geekbuying get the first Rikomagic MK802IV sample, and give you guys the first review. Hope you like it!
        Rikomagic MK802IV( or called RKM MK802IV) is the newest products from Rikomagic company, as we all know, the Rikomagic is famous in their tv stick, such as the first mk802, and then they release the mk802 ii ,mk802 iii, and the hot selling rikomagic MK802IIIS.
        Today the newest MK802IV use the powerful rockchip RK3188 quad core CPU,and Mali-400 mp4 GPU. 2GB RAM and 8GB Storage, Build in WIFI/Bluetooth. Ship with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS now, but will upgrade to Android 4.2 soon.
        Does anybody has this remote? (MK702II) It has MIC/audio support.
        It looks a bit like i am the only one interested in this remote...
        To geekbuying: are you planning to sell this remote? Any revieuws?

Toon

Edit: Ok geekbuying, you're already selling. forget that i said something. Thanks.

So, does anyone has experiance with this remote?
        Last edited by toonkeppens; 05-16-2013, 19:03.

Comment

Originally posted by toonkeppens View Post
          Does anybody has this remote? (MK702II) It has MIC/audio support.
          It looks a bit like i am the only one interested in this remote...
          To geekbuying: are you planning to sell this remote? Any revieuws?

Toon

Edit: Ok geekbuying, you're already selling. forget that i said something. Thanks.

So, does anyone has experiance with this remote?

I think there should be no complications with that... I mean i have MK702 remote, it has small ammount of features, but it feels just right to control mini-pc with G-sensor.

Comment

I have the mk802IV and the mk702II and it does work well with mic and speaker built-in
            Last edited by twjordo; 05-29-2013, 15:18.
            Have a Great Day!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by twjordo View Post
              I have the mk802IV and the mk702II and it does work well with mic and speaker built-in BUT one issue is that when connected it will send all volumes to the remote and not the tv so if you have surround and plan to use this remote beware... hopefully we can soon make a switch for the volume to be sent to tv or air mouse but for now it is only air mouse
              Um isn't enough just changing audio output in settings to HDMI?

- Even the unmodded ROMs are capable of that if i am not mistaken (BTW Hi Twjordo - just registered myself on rikomagic.co.uk forums as well )

Comment

Originally posted by Gasp View Post
                Um isn't enough just changing audio output in settings to HDMI?

- Even the unmodded ROMs are capable of that if i am not mistaken (BTW Hi Twjordo - just registered myself on rikomagic.co.uk forums as well )
                good to see you mate! - you are correct - it is in the 4.2.2
                Last edited by twjordo; 05-29-2013, 15:10. Reason: misinformation
                Have a Great Day!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by twjordo View Post
                  good to see you mate! and unfortunately it is not that simple atm with this device - will have to be added
                  Tried it now and worked for me on 4.2.2

Comment

Originally posted by Gasp View Post
                    Tried it now and worked for me on 4.2.2
                    thank you for the correction... I had other device in at time of posting and now I do see it is already in 4.2.2 ...case of too many things going on at once I deserve a wag of the finger I suppose original post edited for misinformation
                    Have a Great Day!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                      Looks, very good. I will get me one to make my Custom Rom for this new Device like my
                      Custom ROMs for the MK802IIIS.

Neomode
                      if there is anything I can do to assist you or test please let me know and I look forward to your developments
                      Have a Great Day!!!!

Comment

Hi, I had the MK802II, then the MK802III and now the MK802IIIS. When I've sold my 802IIIS I'm gonny buy the MK802IV, but where? In the past I bought the sticks on AliExpress. Delivery was very slow but there was no Customs. Could you recommend Geeksbuy? Where's it based?

Comment

Originally posted by dr_eos View Post
                          Hi, I had the MK802II, then the MK802III and now the MK802IIIS. When I've sold my 802IIIS I'm gonny buy the MK802IV, but where? In the past I bought the sticks on AliExpress. Delivery was very slow but there was no Customs. Could you recommend Geeksbuy? Where's it based?
                          I haven't been advertising here since our eshop is only in czech anyway, but we do have mk802 iv in stock.
                          (Symmtec.cz)

Comment

You can buy it at W2Comp. If you want.

Neomode

Comment

I bought it yesterday on AliExpress because I had a 5$ coupon. Got my MK802IV for 83 $, yeah!

Comment

Working...
                              X