Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vega S89 unplugged, plugged back in now dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vega S89 unplugged, plugged back in now dead.

I just unplugged my Vega S89, not realising it was still on. When I plugged it back in the blue light stays on even if I press the power button. The only way to shut it off is to hold down the power button. It won't go to 'sleep mode' (red light) no matter what I do. There is no display on the screen anymore. I tried to load the newest firmware but it didn't do anything.

I think the first Vega s89 I got in the mail did this. I sent it back because it was DOA. What could have gone wrong? It must be software as I didn't even move it at all. I unplugged the power bar btw, everything else plugged into still works. It wasn't a power surge or anything. Just me not thinking.

Geekbuying of course isn't being helpful. They tried to say sorry your warranty is up but you can buy a new one. if I knew they shipped from China I never would have bothered buying this in the first place. Why? When the first one arrived DOA 13 months ago it took 3 month that ship back from Canada. I used the cheapest shopping possible. Meaning I got this box... 9 months ago and it's dead at this point. From my logic (and what is stated on the website) the warranty starts when the product arrives. This arrived in October of 2014 and it's August 2015 so it should be covered (my cost to shop it there and back of course). What do you think?

P.S. AV doesn't work either.
    Last edited by cpfreeplz; 08-19-2015, 02:44.

Woohoo!!! I figured it out! No thanks to Geekbuying. Never buying from them again (obviously).

I did the USB OTG port method used rom version 108k4 and ti worked! 100k4, 101k4, 111k4 didn't work BUT they probably would if I had realised that the cord that this came with for some reason is VERY important. I read that on another thread (thank you very much) and thought it was worth a try.

In conclusion: The cord that you use for some reason HAS to be the one that came with your Vega S89. I had a solid blue light but nothing showing up on my screen. USB burning tool, unplug the vega s89 press and hold reset, plug in usb plug it in, press on button and the firmware was sent in ~3 mins. Within 10 minutes I was up and running! Wish I had tried all of my cords days ago and a lot of my frustration could have been avoided!

The stupid thing s though, this all started because I unplugged the damn box. These boxes are so unstable... ugh.

Comment

Hi,
      Just found your posts, got exactly same issue, done exactly same thing - unplugged when running vega s89 and now have black screen - no signal to tv.
      Done upgrade software by usb otg method - still no good. Any ides?
      Just done check on AV input - and found box working! HDMI - black screen.
      Last edited by black1986; 09-10-2015, 00:54.

Comment

Check you're not trying to output in a resolution that your TV can't handle. 1080p when your screen will only do 720p, that sort of thing.

Just change it to the lowest setting and try that.

Comment

I Owed Tronsmart s89-H for almost 2 yrs with not issue, but 2 days ago when I turned off the unit then unpluged cable, a day later, I pluged back the AC cable, BUT THE UNIT WOULD NOT POWER UP period.
          Could someone assist with this issue, appreciate every/any soupports that anyone can offer.
          Thanks for your supports

Comment

Try another power pack of similar voltage/watts and polarity is a start if you have one or a friend/neighbor.
            If you have plugged/unplugged many times could be just a faulty connection in box or power pack
            or its time has come as all good things pass.
            Cheers
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
            X