FAKE MXIII (S802) SAGA...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAKE MXIII (S802) SAGA...

Hello All, I had been out of commission for some time so Im a bit out of the loop of new developments and just getting back in. I was and still am a big fan of the MXIII and now I read a few posts about possible FAKE MXIII's being out in the market but nothing to substantiate. So my question is:

1. What constitutes in your opinion a Fake MXIII?

2. Which dealers/suppliers are selling the Fake MXIII's

3. Can someone be kind enough to post a picture of the PCB of a unit that is considered a Fake MXIII.

4. Beelink/Netxeon were the defacto PCB manufacturers.. as of rev.40 is someone else now making PCB's?

Please fire away...

Ronin

buy from beelink
    Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Im guessing mine is fake then..any ideas for a compatible firmware or not..or i may return this box and get a refund.thanks.

Comment

It's not a fake just a different version as noted v3.1. Which implies some small changes the Wi-Fi Chip among these. So it's a safe bet that older Firmwares probably won't work. Though your build info lacks that info. Probably 'cause your using an incorrect Firmware. My guess is it should probably read something like 115k4 or 203k4 (IIRC the MXIII Plus based on S812 SoC), they do work on older S802 SoC's - Even Wi-Fi as I recall. And I'm on a 1G AP6181! But, a larger percentage of Videos in the Antutu Video Tester (NOT BENCHMARK!) Fail to play on anything higher then 110k4 for me.Thus I've stayed put on 109k4.

Comment

Working...
        X