Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTT M8S Amlogic S812 Problem

Hi,
    I'v got a new M8S TV Box, but the problem is, after a while it crashes and restart again. Is there a problem with the power supply? Or can I fix it with a firmware update?

Thanks for help

Klaus

Hey,
    I have just received the exact same device and am also quite disappointed. Especially the remote (rounded bottom one) behaves very sluggish. How is this for you?

Daniel

Comment

The remote works fine, but I can't tell exactly because of the crashes and reboots. The light at the front goes quick off and on again.
      working with kot49h.20150623 test-keys build

Comment

^Yes fw problem

Comment

Hi Bajann,

Thanks for your feedback. Could recomend a working firmware to download?

Comment

sounds like a eny m8s box or one of the clones...doubtful its a power supply issue and your right as the round remote they are using is problematic in most cases... enys' factory software generally lacks in performance and tends to be buggy on these boxes so its best to look around and see what you can find and keep trying different versions till you find one that suits your needs... If your not concerned with the newest version of Kodi/Xbmc then some of the older software releases seem to be better but if your looking for the newest kodi then you'll have to try a few different versions till you find what you want... Seems like with Eny's software your always trading off something in each release as they fix one thing but open up problems with something else... they seem to be more worried about android's software and if your really looking just to stream using kodi then I would suggest looking at something like OpenELEC and do away with the android crap all together...

the box is a great little box but unfortunately support wise from the dealers and factory you wont get much help and your in the right site to look around for others that release firmware that may be able to help with that box...

Comment

Thanks buzzmarshall, To be honest I wouldnt mind just running Openelec. I used it on my atv1 and never had issues, however i have trouble finding an openelec build for that device? the official openelec builds doesn't seem to have compatible builds. You have any idea where I can get one for it?
              Also, is the remote still working with Openelec?

Thanks,
              Daniel

Comment

Working...
              X