Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voron
    replied

Please download the driver module rtl8723bs ?

Leave a comment:

• devitrified
    replied
    I tried it sometime ago and had kept a copy. I just uploaded it to google drive to be able to re-share. Wifi works

Leave a comment:

• yeahman45
    replied
    Originally posted by devitrified View Post
    New link for ubuntu-mate-15-04-s805-standard-0_95_Beta.img.xz

https://goo.gl/qbZ3dK
    does wifi work? where did you get the link?

Leave a comment:

• devitrified
    replied
    New link for ubuntu-mate-15-04-s805-standard-0_95_Beta.img.xz

Leave a comment:

• royeiror
    replied
    Hello everyone, is there a current tutorial that shows how to install the wifi drivers?

I truly don't know the first thing about Linux and would love to get this working.

I got the .img flashed with a slight problem because the .img was bigger than my SD, so I went ahead and flashed onto a bigger flash drive, resized the partition and truncated the dd img file. Now I'm working on getting linux working completely on this device, and it seems I may have a different version or a clone because neither bluetooth nor wifi work out of the box.

In any case, I think I need to download the drivers onto usb and either copy, make or install them via CLI onto the MK808b plus.

Can anyone help me out?

Leave a comment:

• herr_marechal
    replied
    I installed this doble Firmware but was bricked my mk808b plus from beelink.

i tri send the .img original from windows the amlogic tools, show 100% ok.
    but now just show grey screen from google freeze. Who make this doble sistem android and ubuntu dont give me any attention.
    By SD card give show some erros i no reinstall, think the system dont detect the nand partition, or this partition was durty ... no wipe...
    If you think reinstall to original loader sistem think serious, in my case i dont know what do... because i try all ways, by windows and by sd card to restore.
    I am unhappy....

Leave a comment:

• mittelalf
    replied
    Running Ubuntu on such a small device is great. But it's a pity if such a linux doesn't run stable. And neither this ubuntu mate nor the debian8 are stable.

Here (screenshot) I copied more than 3500 files and more than 35 GB from a USB stick to a HDD. But after 40% done the system froze. The same happened also with Debian8. Maybe instead of a device, which isn't much supported for linux, better I should choose a Raspberry P3. Such a device is very well supported and the OS systems like Raspian should run stable.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• devitrified
    replied
    Originally posted by DanielSB View Post
    In case you want to put this on a 4GB MicroSD (e.g. if like me you want to get rid of the Mate GUI stuff and use Ubuntu as a headless server), here's how:
    1. Get the image file; I got _ubuntu-mate-15-04-s805-standard-0_95_Beta.img.xz
    2. Extract it:
      xz -dk _ubuntu-mate-15-04-s805-standard-0_95_Beta.img.xz
    3. Have a look at the partition layout:
      fdisk -lu _ubuntu-mate-15-04-s805-standard-0_95_Beta.img
      [press w, enter]
      sudo e2fsck -f /dev/sda2
      sudo resize2fs -p /dev/sda2
      sudo sync
      sudo eject /dev/sda
    4. Enjoy.
    Thanks for this write-up. I tried it and it works. Just to confirm, this is not actually supposed to get rid of the GUI and make the installation headless, right?

Leave a comment:

• Xroft
    replied
    Put please once the module is suitable for rtl8188. In the link above, the file is not available

Leave a comment:

• prahjister
    replied
    U can from Android with terminal emulator. Type su then reboot recovery

Leave a comment:

• pelangi
    replied
    Originally posted by prahjister View Post
    you have to press the little button in the hole opposite the light with a paperclip while plugging in the power.
    I did exactly that but still it won't boot from SD Card. Is there anyway to change where to boot from ADB?

Leave a comment:

• prahjister
    replied
    you have to press the little button in the hole opposite the light with a paperclip while plugging in the power.

Leave a comment:

• pelangi
    replied
    Originally posted by prahjister View Post
    Try a different SD card it is a little picky
    I tried with a different SD card but still I can't make it booting from SD Card. Is there any setting that I can change from Android shell (adb) that will make the machine boot from SD card? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• sammaz
    replied
    Originally posted by kira1992 View Post
    Hi! Can you please reupload this file?
    Can someone give me the link to this file?
    Please help! I really need it.
    I am also looking for the file.

Leave a comment:

• kira1992
    replied
    Originally posted by astateofmind View Post
    Hi! Can you please reupload this file?
    Can someone give me the link to this file?
    Please help! I really need it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X