Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabrixio
    replied
    I have a MK808b plus with ap6212 and the wifi does not work.
    Do you know if is goig to add suport for that chipset ?

Here work for android

Leave a comment:

• blinkone
    replied
    Originally posted by elko View Post
    Hello,
    I'd like to ask if it's possible to dual boot Android from NAND and Ubuntu from SD card on MK808+, with minimal alteration to the preinstalled Android OS.

I'm a newbie to Android devices, but after reading the topics about MK808+ I've derived the following:

A complete Flash memory image can be overwritten with the USB burning tool. But how can I obtain the preinstalled(or at least modded and working) Android setup, that I can restore with the USB burning tool if things go wrong? Is the hardware common enough for the 'stock' images like http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/other-aml-s802-s805-devices/21960-rom-download-109k4-stock-firmware-for-mk808b-plus-quad-core-tv-stick-add-usb-lan-support to work perfectly?

I will have to replace a recovery.img file. Is this the binary that executes when I keep the 'reset' button pressed on power up? If it's bad, will the burning tool option stop working? Or does recovery.img execute after button is pressed on power and device is not connected to PC?

I guess that to enable booting from SD the 'bootloader' must be altered? Can the original one be restored like Android restores recovery.img automatically? I guess the burning tool is needed to restore the bootloader?

tl;dr: Can I backup and restore my preinstalled Android setup? If I follow steps 2-15 of the solution by sammaz http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...074#post526074, will it dual boot without my installing OpenELEC at all? What modifications to Android do I need to dual boot, without OpenELEC if possible?
    Hi Welcome to freaktab,

If you follow the steps in the guide on post 14,Do everything apart from step 1 you will have android on the nand & Ubuntu on the sd card

Step 12 will flash a new bootloader so when the sd card in inserted it will boot Ubuntu & with no sd card inserted it will boot android.

Guide from post 14.

1. First Install Kszaq's latest Openelec 5.95.5.2 to NAND.
    2. Then, Disable pop-up blocking in your browser.
    3. Navigate to https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxd...ew?usp=sharing and download the .zip
    4. Extract the .zip
    5. Now you will have "ubuntu-mate-15-04-s805-standard-0_95_Beta.img"
    6. Flash this .img to your SD-Card using this tool http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/ (Thanks Regor!)

6. (Alternative for Flashing the image) You can also flash the image using a pre-existing Linux machine.
    http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/HO...The_Disk_Image

7. When completed, place the SD-Card in your MK808-b plus.
    8. Use the pin method when starting ...Get to the "Update from EXT" screen.
    9. Choose Update from External
    10. Choose the SD-Card
    11. Choose the .zip file shown in the SD-Card root
    12. Press enter then wait 15 seconds while the new bootloader is flashed.
    13. Now power cycle your MK808b-plus
    14. You will get the login menu right away...boots in under 20 seconds.
    15. User\Password is "minipc"

Leave a comment:

• elko
    replied
    Hello,
    I'd like to ask if it's possible to dual boot Android from NAND and Ubuntu from SD card on MK808+, with minimal alteration to the preinstalled Android OS.

I'm a newbie to Android devices, but after reading the topics about MK808+ I've derived the following:

A complete Flash memory image can be overwritten with the USB burning tool. But how can I obtain the preinstalled(or at least modded and working) Android setup, that I can restore with the USB burning tool if things go wrong? Is the hardware common enough for the 'stock' images like http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/other-aml-s802-s805-devices/21960-rom-download-109k4-stock-firmware-for-mk808b-plus-quad-core-tv-stick-add-usb-lan-support to work perfectly?

I will have to replace a recovery.img file. Is this the binary that executes when I keep the 'reset' button pressed on power up? If it's bad, will the burning tool option stop working? Or does recovery.img execute after button is pressed on power and device is not connected to PC?

I guess that to enable booting from SD the 'bootloader' must be altered? Can the original one be restored like Android restores recovery.img automatically? I guess the burning tool is needed to restore the bootloader?

tl;dr: Can I backup and restore my preinstalled Android setup? If I follow steps 2-15 of the solution by sammaz http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...074#post526074, will it dual boot without my installing OpenELEC at all? What modifications to Android do I need to dual boot, without OpenELEC if possible?

Leave a comment:

• minoccio
    replied
    Sorry for repeat same question. I have My box running OpenELEC from SD ; if I'll flash included zip file, Will I lose ability ro run OpenELEC from SD?

Leave a comment:

• tomgag
    replied
    Originally posted by prahjister View Post
    Try different power supply

Thanks!!, I did it , no lockups anymore, now i have only problems with wifi, it lost signal (router is 1.5 m away from it) and doesn't work unti I disable it and enable again,I'll try today with some wifi usb adapter. Next I'll try to install linux on external ssd ..

Leave a comment:

• mailkit
    replied
    8. Use the pin method when starting ...Get to the "Update from EXT" screen.
    Can someone please tell me what is pin method?

Leave a comment:

• prahjister
    replied
    You can also use win32disk (what can be used to install in windows) to backup as well

Leave a comment:

• sammaz
    replied
    So, I got everything dialed in using Dualshock 4 bluetooth connection using ds4drv and onBoard virtual keyboard.

1. It boots to desktop and auto-logs in
    2. It will await the DS4 controller being turned on.
    3. When you turn on the DS4 it automatically picks it up and starts the trackpad as a mouse
    4. I have onBoard virtual keyboard installed and it automatically shows up whenever you have text to enter, like terminal. Then it auto hides. Works really well and does not conflict with Kodi.

Edit -- I found out how to make a complete .img of the finished SD-Card here --> https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...p?f=91&t=46911

Leave a comment:

• sammaz
    replied
    Originally posted by tomgag View Post
    Hi, everyone talks how this work's good,but i have problem's with this rom ..
    I have mk808 b + and till now i have used android without any problems, and also tried android&ubuntu hybrid rom, all of them run fine, but i need linux and that hybrid rom limits usefulness because of kernel.

I have tried to install this rom more times on few sd cards because i suspect on them, I get freezes and lockups .. after few minutes .. and wifi signal gone after minute or two and then i have to disable wirelless and enable again, dmesg gives some strange messages that wifi does'n respond to commands.
    Can someone help me .. i get freeze sometime after minute, sometimes it work 15 minutes but rarely. I tried it also without anything on usb ports.. it doesn't help...
    I would like to compile kernel, i'm sure that would resolve my problem, I have enough knowledge of linux... I have tried it also in runlevel 3 .. and after a few minute .. I did some updates .. I got kernel panic...

Thanks .. :-)
    I think that all of the source to compile is located here https://ubuntu-mate.org/blog/ubuntu-...-armhf-rootfs/ . Not a linux expert

Leave a comment:

• hochgattererjohann
    replied
    After any boots now I have the full screen available.

The problem I still have is "NO WLAN"

It seems, that the WLAN adapter cannot be started in the boot-phase.
    I dont know where a log file is written, so I can serve you with detailed information.

Leave a comment:

• prahjister
    replied
    Try different power supply

Leave a comment:

• tomgag
    replied
    Hi, everyone talks how this work's good,but i have problem's with this rom ..
    I have mk808 b + and till now i have used android without any problems, and also tried android&ubuntu hybrid rom, all of them run fine, but i need linux and that hybrid rom limits usefulness because of kernel.

I have tried to install this rom more times on few sd cards because i suspect on them, I get freezes and lockups .. after few minutes .. and wifi signal gone after minute or two and then i have to disable wirelless and enable again, dmesg gives some strange messages that wifi does'n respond to commands.
    Can someone help me .. i get freeze sometime after minute, sometimes it work 15 minutes but rarely. I tried it also without anything on usb ports.. it doesn't help...
    I would like to compile kernel, i'm sure that would resolve my problem, I have enough knowledge of linux... I have tried it also in runlevel 3 .. and after a few minute .. I did some updates .. I got kernel panic...

Thanks .. :-)

Leave a comment:

• prahjister
    replied
    You need a fast sd card or it will act really weird. All kinds of things won't work with a slow SD card

Leave a comment:

• hochgattererjohann
    replied
    Thank you for yor tip with nano. I was able to change rc.local and putted in the follwing lines:
    echo "1080p" > /sys/class/display/mode
    /bin/fbset -fb /dev/fb0 -g 1920 1080 1920 2160 32
    echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/free_scale
    echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/freescale_mode
    echo "0 0 1919 1079" > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/free_scale_axis
    echo "0 0 1919 1079" > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/window_axis
    echo 0x10001 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/free_scale

but now the result is as you see in the attaced picture. What can be the reason? Another Question: Ubuntu is not able to start the WLAN - Do anybody has the same problem?
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• mebaali
    replied
    I have trouble in smooth rendering of flash content in firefox (even forcing HTML5 player does not solve this problem) especially on sites like youtube, soundcloud. Have resorted to using viewtube userscript for youtube that is somehow making the video/audio to work correctly (Player set to Auto).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X