No announcement yet.

HPH NT-V8 ROM v1.0 by mo123

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Rom works very smooth on Beelink i68 much better than the original firmware. Is it possible to include the Wifi Drivers for AP6330? They are also missing on wasser's firmware. But are included in Tronsmart R68 builds. Would be really cool if you can include it.
    I have only changed the partition table, because i68 has only 8 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by notz View Post
      Hi, Rom works very smooth on Beelink i68 much better than the original firmware. Is it possible to include the Wifi Drivers for AP6330? They are also missing on wasser's firmware. But are included in Tronsmart R68 builds. Would be really cool if you can include it.
      I have only changed the partition table, because i68 has only 8 GB.
      What happens if you flash the Tronsmart kernel and/or resource.img, does wifi work?
      Unfortunately Beelink doesn't provide any support, so difficult to make their devices work with other firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by Renixo View Post
        Hi ! I can try this ROM on a Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta?
        Should work, but works best on official hardware like HPH NT-V8.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123

What happens if you flash the Tronsmart kernel and/or resource.img, does wifi work?
          Unfortunately Beelink doesn't provide any support, so difficult to make their devices work with other firmware.
          I have tried it with Wasser firmware and was not able to boot after flashing kernel only. Pherhaps I should try again also with the resource.img not only with the kernel.img.
          The drivers are also included in the sdk tronsmart has released. Compiling a ROM with the sdk and WiFi is working.

Have you released your work on github? Then I can look myself...

Gesendet von meinem DROID Mini mit Tapatalk

Comment

I have tried it with Wasser firmware and was not able to boot after flashing kernel only. Pherhaps I should try again also with the resource.img not only with the kernel.img.
            The drivers are also included in the sdk tronsmart has released. Compiling a ROM with the sdk and WiFi is working.

Have you released your work on github? Then I can look myself...

Gesendet von meinem DROID Mini mit Tapatalk
            My kernel & resource.img will be the same as the Tronsmart ones if I make ones or are Tronsmart AP6335 wifi and you need AP6330 wifi?
            Tronsmart SDK only works with 100mbps lan not 1 gbps, I have received no response back from them.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
              My kernel & resource.img will be the same as the Tronsmart ones if I make ones or are Tronsmart AP6335 wifi and you need AP6330 wifi?
              Tronsmart SDK only works with 100mbps lan not 1 gbps, I have received no response back from them.

Yes, i need AP6330. If the kernel is the same, then it should work. Perhaps only the firmware is missing. If have to diff your rom with tronsmart rom.

Comment

Yes, i need AP6330. If the kernel is the same, then it should work. Perhaps only the firmware is missing. If have to diff your rom with tronsmart rom.
                In /system/etc/firmware try renaming
                fw_RK903_ag.bin & nvram_AP6330.txt to
                fw_bcm4339a0_ag & bin nvram_AP6335.txt
                Must be rooted and system mounted as RW in ES File Explorer.
                Restart your device and check wifi.

Comment

is this firmware rooted mo ?.... cant get quicksupport in teamviewer to let me remote control ?

Comment

Originally posted by m1pnk View Post
                    is this firmware rooted mo ?.... cant get quicksupport in teamviewer to let me remote control ?
                    Yes, it's rooted.

I'll make new firmware with support for the latest Kodi when I get the new firmware.

Comment

New firmware will solve the followig problems:
                      Fix Audio passthrough noise
                      Fix Dynamic Refresh rate issue with 4K switching
                      Optimize 23.976 fps video playback
                      Improve buffering

Comment

im loving your work..... any chance you can have a look at teamviewer quicksupport... i know you got a lot on.... cheers.

Comment

Hey mo123,

Do you have your firmware based on the latest ROM? I just received a NT-V8 (partially based on your recommendation) and would like to try out your modded ROM.
                          I don't have the box in front of me but the firmware was updated some time in November.

box seems to run smooth. I am using Kodi 16 beta 3 with no micro studders. I do get screen decoding blockyness every once in a while on some videos but not too bad. Netflix works great except for the video freezing on the start of some movies. The audio continues and if i manually seek the video starts up and plays fine for the remainder.

Thanks for all your ROM mods,
                          Greg

Comment

Originally posted by gregger2k View Post
                            Hey mo123,

Do you have your firmware based on the latest ROM? I just received a NT-V8 (partially based on your recommendation) and would like to try out your modded ROM.
                            I don't have the box in front of me but the firmware was updated some time in November.

box seems to run smooth. I am using Kodi 16 beta 3 with no micro studders. I do get screen decoding blockyness every once in a while on some videos but not too bad. Netflix works great except for the video freezing on the start of some movies. The audio continues and if i manually seek the video starts up and plays fine for the remainder.

Thanks for all your ROM mods,
                            Greg
                            Please check what the date is in Android Settings, About.
                            Kernel version, build version

Can you make a backup perhaps and upload?

Install the drivers
                            Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Basically you connect a USB male to male cable to the back of your PC and the other end to the OTG/USB port on the HPH NT-V8.
                            Then hold a paperclip into the recovery hole until it clicks, now connect the power cord to the box while still holding in the paperclip.
                            The Flash tool will pick the device up on your PC and my backup tool will do all the work, can release the paperclip now.

The flash tool will say 'RK Loader found' instead of 'no devices found'.

Can install this program

Then run AutomateAndroidToolBackup.au3 file in the flash tool
                            http://www.mediafire.com/download/te...+ROM+Backup.7z can unzip with 7zip.
                            It will automatically create all the backup files.

It's actually very easy.
                            Put the flash tool in a new folder on your C: drive.
                            It will ask you if you want to make a backup of userdata, can just say no, as it will waste 10GB of an empty backup file.
                            If you didn't connect the device correctly to your PC, the flash tool will tell you so and say it's not ready to make a backup.

I want to make a new custom ROM again and if you have new firmware it would be exiting to test it.

Comment

Kernel version
                              root@RK3368#45
                              Thu Nov 12 10:32:53 CST 2015

Build number
                              rk3368_box-userdebug 5.1.1 LMY48G eng.root.20151022.201255 test keys

I will do a factory reset and use your instructions to download the ROM

Comment

Working...
                              X