Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who needs multiple cores?

hi,
    I'm pretty new to Android TV, but having used an Amazon Fire TV box for a month now I am so impressed with Kodi etc that I have decided to replace it with a full android box.
    I chose an MX111 off **** with an Amlogic S802 Quad-Core 2.0Ghz (Cortex-A9) CPU, Octa-Core Mali-450 GPU 3D graphics and 2GB Ram.
    from what I have seen on these forums I'm sure I'll be happy with it as my prime use is for Sports, TV series and Movies.

whilst running Antutu on my Fire TV I noticed that it said 'most apps only use one core'
    if this is truly the case, can anyone advise what point there is in having all these Quad/Octa core setups? (Gaming perhaps?)

First welcome to freaktab 😁😁
    a discussion on octa cores is already made..see link
    -cores are only usefull is the app\os are build to use them (h.265 sw, browser, chrome,some games..benefit it seems)
    --in my own experience the rk3288 kicks-as, and octa-cores are not speed freaks (sadly)
    the s802 is a good choose..for kodi/video/streams lover's

I wish you goodluck
    From CNXSoft, Interesting read about CPU cores on Mobile Devices http://Study Shows Octa Core Processors Bring Little Over Quad Core Processors in Mobile Devices

Comment

thanks a lot, the link is very interesting and a lot of it over my head,
      your comments in #3 sit well with this my cynical old mind

Comment

Working...
      X