Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8S+ (Plus) - Device Tree - TWRP - Custom Lollipop 5.1.1 ROM - WIP

Hello Guys,
    but relativly new to this forum and to android development, but im a experienced systems engineer.

Okay back to topic,
    im currently working on a custom rom for my M8s+ (Plus) device.

ROM is booting and working fine with some hacks for now (selinux for example..), im currently need to test it a little bit more but it seems quite stable.
    For now here is my device tree both in text and binary form and the ported TWRP recovery from our friend abdul here on Freaktab (so creditz to him).

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

If you like you can try it out, but beware... dragons ahead. THIS IS WORK IN PROGRESS.

Hello there..

I have an m8s+ box and for past couple of days I have been trying to use the Acemax Lollipop firmware image but have not been successful.
    I read in your post that you managed to get that working so do you mind sharing those steps to get that firmware working?

I was able to backup my Kitkat setup using twrp recovery image but unfortunately after flashing the lollipop firmware I was not able to restore the backup.
    twrp would start but then freeze. I ended up flashing the old kit kat image.

But very interested in trying your custom rom.

Comment

I don't have the + but good to see someone make a rom other than s802 users :-)

Comment

Can you please help me i am stuck with a semi usable device an m9 firmware n200 box which is technically the m8s not the plus can i be cheeky and request the custopm rom in it's current state tas an img file so i can reflash the box and get rid of m9 firmware that is on it as i am lumbered at present with insufficient space and cannot upgrade or downgrade,I can only seem to install the img for m9 so i am hoping you's be as kind as to provide the beta so i can try wipe rebuild via the img file method as no update zip files function and the only available img i find online is the m9 firmware,please help.Unless someone can edit my vold.fstab fo my i am not going to redistribute it i just need to bring my box out of this loop of working/not working all the time on m9.It would also help to have a real recoveryand to be on lollipop to stop the insufficient storage mumbo when i have 4.04 gb useable space

The other issue is it now refuses to erase cache or wipe data to update from android recovery 3e menu so without an img for the whole firmware i am poretty much scr"wd now.

I will feedback on the testing eg. ouya everywhere if that works,gl 2 sd kodi use,and general use thatttt's if you will be so kind.
        What is the world if you don't explore?

Comment

Check this:http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...bricked-m8shis

Comment

Bump. Any news regards lollipop?

Comment

Lollipop version exists and it's easy to find it ; But, the 5.1 version isn't successfull : not statusbar or navigation bar, not stable with remote control.
              But it has 1080p whereas the Kitkat version. I miss this!!

Comment

Yes it exists but in a beta version. But TS said his making a custom Lollipop version and hoping he could share it to us

Comment

Working...
                X