Couple of issues with the CSA90 16 GIG i've got

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of issues with the CSA90 16 GIG i've got

Still on the firmware that came with the box but a couple of things that are doing my head in on an otherwise fast quick loading box.

1. Screen sometimes flickers from quarter to full screen. Using it on 4k display at 30Hz
    2: Hardrware support in kodi 15 seems to be non existent with only 2 hardware codecs supported.
    3. Cant get 4k files to play in kodi guess that's linked to point 1, Eplayer app plays them fine. haven't tried H264 yet, been testing with H265 UHD's.

Any suggestions for the above to resolve would be great and much appreciated i'm just using standard kodi 15 nothing specific to hardware. Even a new RIM would be great.

Cheers

Updated firmware to latest version and left kodi 14.2 on and this seems to have sorted out my issues.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

CSA90 is a no-name brand.
      Good luck with contacting the manufacturer of the device and getting bugfixes corrected as there is no way to contact them.
      Will have to constantly flash new firmware updates in the hope that something might get fixed.

Comment

Last one seemed to have sorted them but always interested in custom roms.

Comment

Originally posted by homeruk187 View Post
          Last one seemed to have sorted them but always interested in custom roms.

Custom ROM's won't happen as it has a different wifi chip than the other RK3368 boxes.
          You can try flashing ROM's from other boxes but will loose wifi support & AV output.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123

Custom ROM's won't happen as it has a different wifi chip than the other RK3368 boxes.
            You can try flashing ROM's from other boxes but will loose wifi support & AV output.
            Wouldn't want to loose WiFi as that's how I connect so may steer clear for a while....unless there is a way to fudge the drivers some how.

Comment

Working...
            X