MK808B plus - How to find wifi chipset number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808B plus - How to find wifi chipset number

Hi guys bought the MK808b plus after reading about it on this forum. Now I am wondering how do I find the wifi chipset? The firmware is 111k4. And when I do dmesg following this:
    I've got LG Optimus One phone (model LG-P500h). How do I find out what wifi chipset my phone has? Is there a general mechanism that will work for all phones?

I am unable to find any info.
    Thanks

The common method is to open the device identify the chip visually.

Comment

Got it.

Comment

Someone posted a smarter way than to 'Hulk it', I think it had to do with checking the driver names in the /driver folder IIRC.

Comment

Well I have already Hulk-ed it with some real visible lines on the box. Though if you can post them method it might be good for others buying the box.

Comment

Checking the drivers is a rather unreliable solution. The files there have nothing to do with your actual hardware. The files there are only dependent on the firmware you have flashed. If you flashed the wrong firmware, you will have the drivers for the wrong WIFI chip there. Also, new firmwares support multiple WIFI chips, so you will have more than one driver file there.

Comment

Working...
            X