Best remote controller option for MK808B+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best remote controller option for MK808B+

I have been using mouse and google tv remote apk. While mouse works typing is a chore. And the apk drains out phone battery pretty quickly. So I have been thinking of buying a physical remote controller. Beeb reading up on some articles and thought of ordering the Rii i8 mini. Or is there a better option to go along with MK808B+

Looks nice but I would get the bluetooth version in black. http://www.amazon.com/Rii-i8-Wireles.../dp/B006W494ZA

Android, Linux Ubuntu Mate, and the latest openelec all have working bluetooth. I prefer bluetooth because it has protocols to avoid 2.4Ghz interference when it initializes...At least it tries to find an open channel

Comment

abhinav.ag I have been using Rii 8 Mini with my TV stick for the last 3 months (bought it from **** for 1000 Indian rupees). They have rechargeable/replaceable (same one used for most of the lowly priced Nokia handsets) battery in it. When fully charged, most of the key functions works like a regular keyboard. Mouse too is ok for normal use. Wi-fi Range is limited to less than 3 meters. Build quality is strictly average, not sure how long this will survive.

Saying this, I would also say that having a full fledged mouse/keyboard combo along with a powered USB hub helps Android TV stick experience in a big way.

My set up is like this,

Tronsmart MK808b Plus
      Mini HDMI to HDMI Adapter (to get HDMI-CEC functions working, gotta use better HDMI cable than the one that came with my TV stick)
      Belkin 7 port powered USB hub
      Terabyte USB RJ45 Adapter (Wifi performance in my MK808b plus is somewhat erratic hence using a LAN connection is more preferred)
      Logitech B175 wireless mouse
      Rii 8 Mini Keyboard
      Dragon War GK-002 USB Keyboard
      Logitech C310 HD webcam

As you can see from set up, I am using two keyboards. Rii 8 Mini for normal android(mainly Kodi)/couch use while Dragon War for Ubuntumate 15.04.
      Device: Tronsmart MK808B Plus (AP6210 WiFi Chipset)
      SD Card - Ubuntumate 15.04

Comment

http://m.gearbest.com/mice-keyboards/pp_152934.html I really enjoy this one. This is in bedroom. http://m.gearbest.com/mice-keyboards/pp_178154.html I like this one too. In living room.
        And k400 when I need something bigger
        Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

prahjister please no geabest they took my order and delayed it by a month before I had them cancelled. That said, the UKB looks suspicious like the one mebaali and sammaz proposed http://m.gearbest.com/mice-keyboards/pp_23739.html

Though I have a doubt here guys, I used the mouse pad on google remote app. I am not a fan mainly because I keep on hitting the favourite or the 4 directional buttons by mistake, all because of my large fingers. Does the I8 Mini or uKB500 has large enough space for scroll?

mebaali - When I search for i8 mini on ****, cheapest I find is 2.6k. Nothing in 1k range. Links to your seller if possible.

And when you say fully charged, does it mean the device doesn't work properly when it starts loosing charge? How long does the charge last? I also understand the kb/mouse combo will be most probably be better for openelec/ubuntumate and less for android. Currently I am on superceleron ROM, still not sure how to get Ubuntumate working on it. Though wouldn't it better to have a wireless kb/mouse combo instead of both being separate?

Comment

I also am using Rii i8 mini with my mk808b plus and mxv. It costed me ~13 USD from aliexpress (available for ~10 USD now) . Its a wonderful device and I strongly recommend buying it for daily use. Build quiality is satisfactory and battery backup is simply outstanding.

Comment

Thanks. I have bought off on aliexpress but the seller has made a mess of the order and now in process of refund. Might to have buy it locally for ~ 14 USD.

Comment

Working...
              X