Power Issues with M8 (Square Box)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Issues with M8 (Square Box)

Hi All .. I'm hoping one you you experts will be able to help me out .. When I plug in the power adapter for my M8 the light goes blue and loads up to the Quad core Processor screen for about 10 seconds then the blue light goes out and the screen goes blank .. It was working fine the other day .. Thanks!

Not sure if it's a clone or not but the MB is HTC-M8-MB-V1 ... Thanks!

Comment

change power supply if you have one on hand or reflash box with oem fimware again diagnosing issues like this is virtually imposible without eliminating things

also try another tv before reflashing and buying new psu certain tvs have issues

try those and report back
      Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Hi JustMe .. Thank you for your reply .. I have tried 2 other power supplies with no luck .. I tried reflashing with your firmware and finless firmware but box doesn't stay on long enough to flash .. I'm still trying to find the original firmware .. I have tried on 2 Tvs didn't work .. I have also seen something about shorting out the pins .. should I try that and can you point me in the right direction for a guide to do it .. Thanks again!

Comment

USB burning tool method !

Comment

Thanks Ricey155 can you explain or point me towards the guide

Comment

MrMagic

different forum but saves me going through it all again - it works

Comment

Thanks Ricey155!! .. I'll give it a shot when I get a USB-A to USB-A cable

Comment

Thanks Everyone! .. It's working GREAT now!

Comment

Working...
                  X